Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That'd be cool. Just depends on when. I work until 10 EST in the evenings most nights and won't be able to during the day because the kids will be yelling in my ears the entire time. I know a handful of people that play it on PS4.

As for what game I'm currently playing: God of War for PS4. I like it but I'm not super into it yet.
    "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

• We should play it on a weekend sometime, maybe towards the end of this month? Still need practice. I played the hell out of the game this past weekend. Why did it take me two years to get around to it?

You probably have a lot of stories to tell. Personal favorite games?

Once died in under a minute. Not a good game, but memorable.

One game as Jason, I just screwed with the counselors. Did not kill a single one. I even let one of them (wearing a bunny outfit, no less) chase me around for a bit. Then proceeded to beat the shit out of their car. I'd stop the car, then walk away. When they started it up again, I warped back to the car and bashed it again. Time after time. It took all of the counselors a long time to realize that I wasn't going to kill any of them. It was mainly because the bunny lady got too bold hitting and chasing me, so I beat her nearly to death.

Another game as Jason, I killed everyone in under ten minutes. Best game to date.

Finally, my favorite game: Jason was the Tom Savini type (glowing eyes, fast, hard to kill, scary mofo). He had killed everybody but me, Tommy, and one other counselor. The two minute warning had gone off, so I jumped out the window of the cabin he was in, limped to another cabin and hid under a bed (severely injured at this point). I saw Jason's feet as he walked toward the bed and immediately, the "you survived" banner appeared. I could hear him stabbing the bed as the banner was still on screen. If the game had been just 5 seconds longer, I would have been killed as well. He managed to kill everybody else, including the last two counselors in the scant 90 seconds I hid under the bed.

Four things I haven't done:
      Been an active participant in killing Jason.
      Haven't died playing Jason (yet)
      Escaped by boat
      Figure out how to use the sweater. For the life of me, I've tried it three times and it hasn't worked.

My strategy as Jason really isn't original, but pretty effective. The first thing I do is warp, and put at least one trap next to, the phone box. Booby trap the blue car and one more if the yellow car is on the map. If somebody is in the open in the beginning, I will go after them. If I don't see any counselor for the first couple of minutes, I'll smash the doors to the shack with the phone. Try not to spend too much time beating on doors (wastes time when you can eventually rage crash through them), just knock out power, scare counselors, and pick them off one at a time. When I decide to go after a counselor, I'll usually stick with them to wear them down... try not to get distracted. Never grab Tommy as he always carries the pocket knife.

Honestly don't think Jason is too OP. A good counselor can window hop for a bit before they tire out. As Jason, it can be hard to catch anybody since he doesn't run very fast (or not at all). I'm no expert, by any means. It takes awhile to get a feel for the game. You have to find the right Jason and/or counselor to play. As part II Jason, I suck. Deadly with part VII Jason and pretty accurate throwing knives. Anyways, I'm still figuring the game out. It's like a strategy game; like chess or checkers, I could play this for years to come.

Comment

• Tonight I was able to:
        1. Use Jason's mom's sweater. That's two possessive nouns in a four word sentence.
        2. Escape by boat.

I was hoping some lackey had repaired the propeller, cause I carried a can of gas across the whole map. I was fortunate. Somebody finally did me a favor.

Also, just because you survive Jason's wrath doesn't mean you're the MVP or best player.

Was one of only 3 killed in a game, but I occupied his time for almost ten minutes. Gave a lot of counselors time to escape. I hopped from one shack to another, taking all his attention. He ended up killing me, but only after he spent just about all his time occupied with killing my ass. Unfortunately, no thank you cards were sent my way.

Comment

• Weekends would probably be best for me as I'm usually free Friday nights and Saturday nights after 10 PM.

I'm rusty as hell with the game but then again I wasn't particularly good at it, especially with Jason. I flat out suck as Jason and whenever I'd play online with friends I'd flat out refuse to play as Jason. As for counselors, I usually play as AJ Mason but am kind of a lone wolf in public games but will help people if they're near. I'm maxed out on PS4, level 150 so I basically just have CP to earn to roll better perks. Of course I'm more team oriented amongst friends.

It's still a fun game despite how repetitive it gets. I just wish we could get a few more maps or something. Would love Camp Forest Green and the area from The New Blood.
          "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

Working...
          X