Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the tank controls worked at the time but I definitely don't want them back. Replaying the older RE games feels weird to me nowadays because I'm just not used to the tank controls. Back then it was commonplace and easy for me. Nowadays, not so much.

Scenario B was definitely more challenging although I played 4 out of my 5 playthroughs on assisted mode haha. They just threw you right into the bullshit right at the beginning. Did you catch the cameo and nod to the original RE2 in Scenario B at the beginning? It gave me a chuckle.

I played the RE7 demo and that had me set on the game when it came out. Would like to play RE7 in VR but don't have the VR yet. I may get one if it price drops.

I don't know how people can do it either. I'm happy with my S rank on standard with Leon. Apparently it's easier with Claire so I may give a speedrun with her a shot, especially with the unlimited ammo Samurai Edge and the indestructible combat knife after destroying all of the Mr. Raccoons.

The 4th Survivor SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS. I made it into the parking garage and got overwhelmed. It's basically Capcom torturing us. It's incredibly hard. The same with The Ghost Survivors if not played on training mode.
    "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

• I saw his recruiting poster downstairs. Only tried to find him once in the beginning of the original; it's too hard to pass up free ammo.

Since you're familiar with the RE7 demo, I think you'll love the beginning hour of the actual release. It's the most intense moments ever in a RE game, IMO. Playing it in VR is as close you can get to experiencing a horror movie. Off topic, but you should check out Until Dawn if you've never played it. That game is dirt cheap; you're basically choosing your own adventure through a horror movie.

I never shot all of the Mr. Racoons!
      Probably missing one, two at most. I think there's a glitch in the orphanage; even after you destroy a Mr. Raccoon in the room adjacent to the bathroom and stairs; you can still hear its noise in later playthroughs. I could easily look up all the locations, though.

There is a pretty cool glitch where you can spawn two Mr. Xs. It has something do with being chased closely by him while you trigger an automatic Mr. X event. The one instance I saw took place in the helicopter hallway, I believe.

I only made it to the parking garage as well; you have to make your way through the mansion before you escape, apparently. Haven't even tried Ghost Survivors.

I guess they'll be adding some new content/game modes soon, and for free. I'll probably wait until then to return to the game.

Comment

• Until Dawn is one of my favorite PS4 releases. Absolutely in love with that game. I got the platinum trophy last summer. I'm really hoping for a sequel, doesn't really have to be a direct sequel but a whole new story set with that style of play.

I looked up all the locations after I was missing a few. The last one I had to get was with Ada so I had to play through the game up until her part. Kinda annoying but it's always fun shooting zombies I guess. Makes it easier to remember paths and item locations in the long run.

I saw that glitch and hope it never happens to me haha. One is a pain in the ass but two in a narrow hallway. Ugh. Speaking of Mr. X, I saw a mod where he's wearing nothing but a thong with the Umbrella logo on a certain area. I think he has shades and sandals on too.

One sadistic attempt at The 4th Survivor was enough. I may try it again in the future when I'm feeling brave. Ghost Survivors is pretty much like 4th Survivor. Each has a new enemy type in it too. I beat all three on training mode and that's probably all I'll play of them. Basically just a survival mode. I'd love for them to add some story DLC instead of the survival mode crap. I can't complain too much though since it's free and the game itself is amazing. I'm still kicking myself for buying the RE7 season pass when it came out. Waste of money.
        "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

• South Park: The Fractured But Whole

Finished up From Dusk Till Casa Bonita and Bring the Crunch.

Comment

• I had the Stick of Truth. Never finished it, though.

Currently playing Red Dead Redemption II. It's a great game overall. Such a large world. I could play it for 10 years and still not discover everything in the game. A lot of the items are well hidden, so many secrets and things to do. Your character, Arthur, is a 'bad guy'... but I try to commit as few crimes as possible. The game is like a mixture between GTA and Skyrim in a western setting. Highly recommend.

Comment

• I just finished the epilogue of Red Dead II the other day. Easily one of the best games I've played in a long time. Arthur is probably top 5 main character for me of all time. I like him because he's a bad guy that can do a lot of good. That and he's just very likable.

Comment

• I'm nearing the end of the main story now.

Something I thought was very significant early on... when Arthur pays a visit to someone. Turned out to have a HUGE impact on the story. I was concerned at the time, but eventually those thoughts left me because nothing happened. Then everything comes back in a big way.

Funny thing is I played that early scenario out 3 times, reloading my game. I didn't like how the confrontation turned out. I didn't realize his fate was unavoidable.

I'm glad there are studios like Rockstar and Naughty Dog; they truly make AAA single player experiences. Unfortunately, for every game like God of War, there are a dozen shallow FPS games out there. I'm not interested in anything Activision or EA is peddling.

It is sad seeing what EA and Activision have become.

EA made incredible games in the 80s. They were artistic, inventive.

Activision was started by former Atari employees because they were treated like shit and didn't receive the recognition or $$ they deserved.

Comment

• That's how I feel about EA and Activision too. I don't really care much for FPS. Not my thing.

I'll give a pass to the newer(and older) Star Wars Battlefront games though. They're fun. The newer Battlefront II gets a bad rap because of the "pay to win" microtransaction bullshit around launch that was pretty much killed when the game was released. It's a very underrated game and it's quite fun. I'm just sad I paid full retail for it when I could've gotten it for so much cheaper had I waited. Haha.

It actually has a campaign in it. Nothing too amazing but it's pretty good. Thinking about jumping back into it on PS4 or maybe even PC if I can find it on sale again for $6. It's currently on sale for $10.

Comment

• i currently play red dead redemption 2 and i love it, i also have been playing vampyr, wwe 2k19, nhl 19, fortnite sometimes lol, i have been playing need for speed alot on xbox one since i recently got the ea access.

Comment

• Going a bit old school and playing Dead Island on PS4. Also playing Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle on Steam and Lego Jurassic World on PS Vita.

Comment

• I may finally get Friday the 13th. It would be intimidating, a complete noob.

I'll never play fortnite, but WWE 2K19 looks like fun. In Saudi Arabia, we played the hell out of WCW N64 games; hours of 4-player matchups. I liked LJN's SNES WWF game that came out around 1991; probably the only good LJN game ever mande. There was a 4-player wrestling arcade game made by Konami that was amazing back in the late 80s... played at Putt Putt Golf & Games. My all-time favorite is the old black box NES classic: Pro Wrestling.

Notti, I'm a little cheap when it comes to games. Usually wait several months before picking one up. Only $40 for RDR2, but I would have paid $60... totally worth it.

I'm stuck on Stranger Things, cell phone game that came out a year or two ago. Has anybody else played it? I usually just play it on the airplane. Helps kill the time.

Comment

• I rarely pay full retail for something unless I want it on release day. That's going to be the case with Borderlands 3 when it comes out on September 13th. I'll probably go for the Super Deluxe Edition(UGH) because I know I'll play the hell out of it and all of the content. RIP $100 but at least it comes with the season pass. I rarely pay that much for anything haha. I do want to get Days Gone when it comes out in a few weeks but I may wait on that one.

I've started Borderlands GOTY Enhanced on Steam. It was a free upgrade from the original Borderlands GOTY, which I bought for $7.50 on Amazon. Definitely beats the $30 tag if you don't own it already or want to play it on consoles. Never really played the original so it'll be a good time. Played the hell out of Borderlands 2, most of which was played with my wife via splitscreen on PS3 and briefly on PS4. Fond memories.

Comment

• Notti, how does the F13 game work as far as gamertags go? Like, if I buy it and want to play it with you, is there a way you can target and/or invite people you know for a game session?

Comment

• Yes sir. You can create parties and invite any of your friends that play. Best way to play is in a private game with friends. I haven't played much in ages. I've played a few matches on Steam over the past week trying to get a feel for the XBox One controller I'm using for PC and it's taking some getting used to since I primarily play PS4. My gamer tags are oltremorte on PS4 and oltrelamorte on Steam.

Comment

• I'm buying game as I type this post. It's downloading now.

Is anybody interested in doing a forum game? I mean, like we used to do with forum movies. Maybe once a month we do some forum games of Friday the 13th, members only?

Comment

Working...
                                X