Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite arcade game?

I'm not sure I have an answer. I remember how popular Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat I / II were, but I don't know if I'd say either of those were my favorite.
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

I was a 1990s and early 2000s arcade kid. I remember playing such gems as X-Men, The Simpsons, Spider-Man, Tekken 2, Tekken 4, Mortal Kombat(1-4), The Punisher, and my all-time favorite: Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Funny how I enjoyed playing fighting games at the arcade yet I'm not really into that particular genre. That and I suck at them.

Honorable mention: Time Crisis series, House of the Dead series, and Area 51.

Ever since beating Spider-Man on PS4, I'm unsure what to jump into next. Episode 2 of The Walking Dead: The Final Season is out tomorrow so I will definitely be playing that. I really hope the next two episodes get complete amidst the rumors that they won't be due to Telltale closing its doors. I was playing Shadow of War but I don't feel like jumping back into that for some reason. I'm waiting for a good guide for Shenmue II to pop up then I shall continue it. Still chipping at Lunar Silver Star Harmony on my Vita but haven't had the urge to play for a few days.

When in doubt, play Friday the 13th: The Game. And die. A lot.
      "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

Loved the X-Men arcade game. "Welcome to die" remains a staple phrase.

Been playing a little of DQ7 here and there. I can tell it's a massive game just from how many of the areas there will be to explore. I like the talk function as each screen has your party members saying something new. Plus, the NPCs all seem to change their dialogue after each event. Reminds me of Lunar just without the humor from Working Designs.

Speaking of them, Popful Mail gets little love. That should be rereleased. Then again, I think Snatcher should be easily obtainable so what do I know.
        People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

Path of Exile - best mmo and my job in one - I work whe I farm poe currency.
          Fortnite - Nice free to play BattleRoyal, good for relax

Comment

Yesterday I received my copies of Lunar and Lunar 2. Surprisingly Lunar had the case for it. Didn't have the soundtrack or making of discs. My copy of Lunar 2 had two of the three game discs and the making of Lunar 2 disc. No case. I emailed Gamestop so hopefully they can snag a disc three for me because I'd rather have that than a refund because I've been itching to play it lately.

Going to start ebaying sometime soon trying to find the rest of the pieces and extras for both games so I can have both of them complete. Probably going to cost me an arm and a leg.
            "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

The extras are really cool.
              I believe there is a pendent in Eternal Blue; perhaps a map for one (if not both) game(s). Audio/soundtrack CD(s) as well?
              Both games had full-color, leather-bound manuals (I could be wrong, I haven't seen my babies in two years).

It's a far cry from the empty game cases today. Just the game disc mostly. You're lucky if you even get an instruction manual anymore.

Comment

I do wish I kept my PS Lunars. They had all that glorious swag. I remember calling out sick from work and going to gamestop with a buddy to pick up Silver Star Story and then rushing home to play it. The differences were minor, but cool. Then you hit the part where Luna gets on the boat and it's a "whoa, what's going on?" moment. Reminds me of the remake of Resident Evil when you realize the game is screwing with your head if you're familiar with the original version. For example, the hallway and expecting the dogs to jump through the window.
                Last edited by Chex; 09-28-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Gamestop contacted me that day and said they'd fix the issue. They weren't very detailed about it. Best case scenario: they send me a copy of Eternal Blue with all of the extras haha. More than likely I'm just going to get a disc 3 but that's ok.

I found the making of disc and manual for Silver Star Story on eBay for about $13 for both so I snagged them. Normally I wouldn't pay that much for odds and ends but I'd really like to complete both games. Cheapest copy of the soundtrack disc thus far is $20. Nope. I haven't even bothered to look for any of the extras for Eternal Blue because I'll probably have to sell all of my belongings to get them.

I did see a loose Ghaleon boxing puppet on eBay and remembered how goofy that item was. I saw one at Babbage's years ago and should've bought it.

Comment

Haven't heard anything about my third disc for Lunar 2. I'm getting pretty pissed off about it. I've attempted to contact Gamestop a few more times but they've ignored my emails. I didn't even say anything darke or harshe.

Meanwhile, I found a box for Silver Star Story. The shitty thing is that this particular lot also comes with the "making of" disc and the manual, both of which I now have so I'll be sitting on two of each. Now I'll just need the cloth map and the soundtrack, which appear to be the more expensive parts of the set. Oh well, it's coming along. This lot also comes with the demo disc for Silver Star Story so that should be a cool collectible.

Comment

Cloth map acquired. Now I just need the soundtrack disc.

Comment

Fallout New Vegas - The only part of the game from the new series (3d) which keeps level.

Comment

I was playing this turd racing game called "Coffin Dodgers" the other day. Grabbed it off PSN for a few bucks a few months back. Somewhat easy platinum trophy. Glad I'm done with it.

Comment

Taste my refreshment.

Played some C&C Red Alert today. Old school. Some Mr. Do as well. The 3rd floor has an arcade cabinet that contains 60 classic arcade games (Ms. Pacman, Donkey Kong, Galaga, 1942, Time Pilot, etc.).

Should I pick up a Switch and Mario Odyssey?

Comment

Energy Balance for PS4 and Vita. Used this "Energy Balance calculator" to cheat my way through the game. Two more platinum trophies. Hah.

Comment

Working...
                              X