Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What video game are you currently playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did either of you guys beat the epilogue missions of Eternal Blue? I remember the monsters become insanely strong once you beat the game.

Comment

I did it just so I can see the two characters reunite, but I don't recall the enemies being anything terrible. However, last time I sat and played it was in the mid to late 90s for the Sega CD version. I do recall getting my ass handed to me by Borgen countless times.
      People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

I don't think I ever beat Eternal Blue, sadly. It's probably been about 14-15 years since I played it.
        "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

I've finally started on Dragon Quest 7 (PS1 version, not the 3DS). I remember playing 30 minutes or so once and that was it despite being a fan of the series. Only downside I see is that it's a long game and by the time I really get into it, it'll be October. Watch movies or play a game? These are life's tough choices.

(not really)
          People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

Playing Silver Star Harmony really makes me wish I never got rid of my copies of Silver Star Story Complete and Eternal Blue Complete. I've owned both on two occasions and sold them both times since I got more out of them than I paid for them. I'd love to own complete versions of both but I'd settle for copies without all of the extra items as long as I can play the games again.
            "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

From what little digging I've done, I've learned that Working Designs did not work on Harmony. That's a bummer as it was their translations that made their games so much fun. Well, except Vay. I mean, it was ok, but damn you had to grind a bunch in that game.

Played over 2 1/2 hours of Dragon Quest 7 and finally ran into my first battle. I had heard the game could take over 100 hours and I believe it. It doesn't get in a hurry. At first, I found it annoying. Now I find it charming as it takes its time to draw you into each area and its story.

Comment

So Donald Trump helped launch the Sega Genesis while Harry Anderson of Night Court fame played every game in sight at the launch party. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex View Post
                  From what little digging I've done, I've learned that Working Designs did not work on Harmony. That's a bummer as it was their translations that made their games so much fun. Well, except Vay. I mean, it was ok, but damn you had to grind a bunch in that game.
                  It's noticeably easier too and the dungeons seem to be shorter. I'm enjoying it thus far but I'm longing to play the PS1 Lunars! I had PSN credit due to getting Sony Rewards points for trophies on PS4 and Vita so I use my points to buy PSN gift cards so hence it was free so I'm not really out anything on it. I also picked up Final Fantasy III(not VI) for my Vita. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Comment

Is that the 3D remake of III? I remember going through the NES / FAM version with a translation patch years ago. It was fun although I recall the last dungeon being a pain in the ass.

Comment

Yes, I believe it is a 3D remake. I pretty much own all of the old school Final Fantasy games up to 9 (don't own 8) on PS3/Vita.

I ordered both Lunar games for PS1 off Gamestop's site for less than $60 shipped. I'm sure they will just be the game discs but I can probably eBay the pieces I want to complete them in the future. I mainly just want to play them again. I guess I will find out once they get delivered!

Comment

Nice!

Imagine if the story centered on Ramus. After about 2 hours of gameplay, it ends because chubs gives up and settles down. Wonder what he does with all that money later on. Hookers? Buffets?

Comment

Hooker buffets!

New Lunar DLC where you play as Ramus and just haggle customers, rip them off, and eaten chicken legs.

I think one of his ancestors shows up in Eternal Blue as a shop owner or something. I can't remember though because it's been ages since I played it!

Comment

I don't remember jack about Eternal Blue on playstation. >_>

I think near the end of one of the versions of Silver Star, you visit his shop and he's surrounded by women and he's rich. Ramus fulfilled his dream of hookers or, at least, I'm assuming that's what they were. Maybe they were his employees. Dragonmaster Alex and Dark Emperor Ghaleon got nothing on Hooker Achievement Ramus and his whorehouse with a full buffet.

Comment

I swear that I once saw fan art of Ramus as a dragonmaster. Now I can't find it. Oh well,he doesn't need it since he's pimping the colors of Columbia around his neck as a scarf. Ramus got them cartel connections.

Comment

I couldn't get into ffIII 3D version for the DS, but the NES version may be the best game for the system. The last dungeon IS hard af. Hope they toned it down on the vita version.

Yesterday I was in video game Mecca, the Galloping Ghost arcade. It's basically every arcade you've ever visited put under one roof. I'm pretty sure they had at least 300 full size cabinets. 😃

Comment

Working...
                                X