Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra Kai (TV show on Youtube Red)

No mercy!
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

I’m super excited for this.
    Firm Believer in the Philosophy of a Ruling Class.
    Because I rule!

Comment

Wow! This looks great!

Comment

This show ended up surprising the hell out of me. I knew I'd like it but season one blew me away. It exceeded all expectations. Season two was great as well and left us with a crazy cliffhanger. Glad season 3 has been greenlit!

William Zabka is pure gold as a middle aged Johnny Lawrence. Still a jerk but not really a complete piece of shit.
        "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

Well well.

I have YoutubeTV. Just yesterday found out this show is available for free on the service.
          Hooked by the end of the first episode.

I ended up watching both seasons, all 20 episodes, yesterday after work.

It's dumb fun. Like, Kung Fu and Saved by the Bell had a baby. You can't overthink the show. It has the vibe of a goofy 80s action movie.

A few silly things about this off the top of my head.
          1. People always think the worst about each other in any given situation. Kick or punch first, ask questions later. Everybody needs anger management.
          2. Much of it is predictable, like an episode of Full House
          3. The high school at the end of season 2 is about as staffed as the hospital in Halloween II. The school employs about 1 teacher for every 200 students, or 90% of the staff evaporates when the bell rings.
          4. Dude just shows up and takes over a guy's business. No lease or paperwork. No explanation given except, "you had a handshake deal." Lulz.
          5. They live in an Adam Sandler universe. People beating the shit out of others in public just about every episode and nobody gets arrested.
          6. I took Tae Kwon Do in the 80s. My sensei didn't have us punch or headbutt each other in the face for training.

You just have to go with it.

I'm looking forward to season 3. My new guilty pleasure.
          Just wish I could find the original movie online for free. Haven't seen it since the 80s.

Comment

Working...
          X