Game of Thrones

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones

Any Game of Thrones fans here? I've been a fan since my wife introduced me to it in 2014 when season 4 came out. It's grown into an obsession. As of last fall, I've read all five books and am awaiting The Winds of Winter.

I binged season six last night and this morning and will probably be revisiting season seven later on. I wish we'd get a date for season eight. Ugh.
    "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Never read the books, but I've enjoyed the show immensely although less so in regards to season 7. It felt like they skipped any buildup and just showed event after event because it's time to wrap up the story. Still, those first four seasons rule hard before showing any problems. Looking forward to the tragic finale.
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

I wish George R. R. Martin would finish Winds of Winter. Honestly think he'll pass away before he completes the final novel.

A friend of mine got me into this several years ago. I watched the first season and then read all five books before the second season came out.

This is my favorite show right now. On one hand, I look forward to the final season and hope it's great. On the other hand, it will be over. I believe the ending of the show will be slightly different from the books. I believe there is at least one character who is dead in the show, but dead in the novel and vice versa. However, it's been so long since I've read these that I cannot remember the details. The show finale will supposedly be different from the book finale. Matt Stone and Trey Parker call this show "Lord of the Rings" for adults.

Comment

The first four seasons were great. Five was a step down I think(Sand Snakes and anything Dorne minus the adventures of Jaime and Bronn) but was decent. I liked season six a great deal as well as seven but Nat is right where they just skipped any build-up and went right to major events.

I'm anxiously awaiting season eight but will be bummed when it's all over.

Also the Telltale game was pretty enjoyable. Sad we won't get another one with Telltale closing its doors.
        "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

I liked season six a great deal as well as seven but Nat is right where they just skipped any build-up and went right to major events.
          Damn, you found my alt account.
          People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

It is a very strange thing seeing Lena Headey play Sarah Connor then do a 180 and play someone as vile as Cersei Lannister. Incredibly actress. You love to hate her. Same goes with Jack Gleeson and Iwan Rheon.

For me, throughout the entire series after season one episode nine, you can feel the presence of Ned Stark's ghost. Maybe that's just because I love Sean Bean. Wish he'd stop dying all the time.

Comment

That's what makes Silent Hill (the movie, not the game) hilarious.

Comment

I remember the sheer panic of watching some episodes for the first time last year and the years before whenever a character you like is in a dangerous situation and you're hoping they aren't killed off.

The Red Wedding still makes me sick.

Comment

Working...
                X