Soundtracks, Scores & OST's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundtracks, Scores & OST's

Been meaning to post this up for a while now. My two main passions are horror and music so I combined the two not long ago and am just starting out picking up some horror scores on Vinyl:

Multiple pics on the DotD one, click the arrows to see how awesome the Waxwork release is!

I know Jeans has a thing for scores - anyone else collect?

I love how horror soundtracks have become more popular over the years. I wish I could get into them, but there's only so much money and time to go around. There was a time when I did purchase soundtracks. I think it was from about 1998-2002 and usually at the local Media Play before it closed down. Every time I went there, I checked out the soundtrack section. I have no idea why since there was never anything new. I did pick some up over the years on CD:
    Army of Darkness
    Dracula (1992)
    Halloween (1978)
    Halloween: 20th Anniversary Edition
    Halloween II
    Halloween IV
    Phantasm / Phantasm II
    Resident Evil (movie)
    Resident Evil (the first video game)
    Vampires

Every October I toss in the Phantasm / Phantasm II CD. It's hilarious how simplistic and minimal the theme for the first movie is. Then you get to the second movie and there's an entire orchestra blasting out the notes.
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

I collect a lot of vinyl but its mostly EDM and club classics from 80's - 90's. I have no horror soundtracks but I did recently find out that there are some limited release soundtracks for Fulci's works that I would love to get my hands on. There are a lot of shops in my area that sell used vinyl very cheaply and its a great hobby. Its not horror but I must say this is my current favorite sound track:

Click image for larger version  Name:	coffy.JPG Views:	1 Size:	75.0 KB ID:	1301
      Last edited by Mrmojo; 04-07-2018, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I don't have any cool LPs or anything like that, but I do have a handful of horror movie soundtracks:

The Lost Boys
        Halloween (78)
        Halloween III
        The Guest
        Bride of Chucky (a gift, I've never listened to it or seen the movie)
        Fright Night (score)
        Fright Night (soundtrack)

Maybe a couple others. The Lost Boys soundtrack is amazing; just about every song is a winner.

Comment

Are we sharing these CD quality scores or are we still following that silly rule of no bootlegs?

I’ve got Friday the 13th Part 3 and 4 on vinyl. A Scream/Scream 2 vinyl score collection. On CD I have Halloween 6. And Signs.

Comment

You’ve gotta love bootlegs! I still have mixtapes from the early 90’s.

Comment

We can't (for legal reasons) allow bootlegs to be accessed on the board. What you guys offer and then arrange via some kind of private message is beyond my control.

Comment

I understand and won't ever break the rules. And I will ignore any messages sent to me. Also I'll ignore messages about a Texas Chainsaw Massacre The Next Documentary I haven't just sourced.

Comment

Working...
                X