No announcement yet.

2018 horror movie challenge -- preparations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay! I made it to 31! I honestly didn't think I would, ha ha. I didn't get to fit in all the films that I wanted to but, oh well.
    "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." -- Andrew Clark, The Breakfast Club (1985)

Comment

• I didn't make it even to 5. I tried, tho.

Comment

• Chex, you must have one hell of a horror collection. So many horror movies on your list unavailable on streaming service. Would like more variety. Loved your reviews.

Comment

• Very good reviews, Chex.

Comment

• Thanks fellas. None of it was anything special, just some random musings. Sometimes more or less than others depending on how many I watched that day. I discovered a few titles that were awesome and saw a few that I could probably not see again and be content.
            People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

• Originally posted by Chex View Post
              October 30th

103. The Brain That Wouldn’t Die (1962)

When Dr. Bill Cortner (Jason Evers, Escape from the Planet of the Apes) loses his sweetheart, Jan (Virginia Leigh, Violent Saturday), in a car accident, he refuses to give up hope for her life. Scooping up her decapitated head, he brings it back to the lab for resuscitation. But keeping her head alive is one thing—finding her a new body is quite another. So while the mad doctor is out looking for spare parts, she’s stuck at home going out of her mind—literally! And nothing will stop her from getting revenge on the man who is keeping her as a trophy girlfriend.

I know this movie is a schlock burger deep fried in camp, but I eat it up every year. Hell, I own multiple releases of it including the blu-ray! Bring on a 4K release and I’ll pick it up as well, so I can see more clarity in Jan’s neck juice.

I first became aware of Brain through TV’s MST3K and my love for it has only grown since. I know some movie viewers hate the show as they feel it’s disrespectful to laugh at a product that was created through hard work. I can’t say I agree with that. Movies are made for entertainment first and foremost. If they can break through that barrier, fantastic, but the number one reasoning for me is to be entertained. I can appreciate the work that went into any project, but that doesn’t mean I can’t also find something like this entertaining for reasons the filmmakers didn’t intend. I love Halloween and The Evil Dead, but some of the enjoyment came from friends and myself making jokes and laughing at little moments. We still respected the movies but found other reasons that they became endearing to us. Same applies here. I find Brain to be an effective little B movie that steps outside of the comfort zone most horror / sci-fi films restricted themselves to. At the same time, there are so many odd moments that I find humorous even if they’re played straight. Lucky Patcher 9Apps VidMate

I try to toss this into my October rotation and barely just made it this year. Usually the last few days leading up to Halloween are loaded with movie watching, but I’ve been swamped with work and social events that I did well just to squeeze in a movie a day sometimes. Tonight was no exception. Here’s to hoping that I can fit in my regular titles for tomorrow.

I did so per the recommendation of someone. No big deal though as I'll still check out the other versions soon.
              I saw this beautiful movie It's a scary movie
              Last edited by rossi; 01-13-2019, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X