Variety reports new "Friday the 13th" reboot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variety reports new "Friday the 13th" reboot

Following “Halloween’s” massive success at the box-office this weekend, another slasher franchise is looking at a rebirth as Roy Lee’s Vertigo Entertainment and LeBron James’ SpringHill Entertainment are in talks to acquire the rights to a new “Friday the 13th” movie.

Insiders say Victor Miller, who penned the original, regained the rights, though it took both production banners to bring back the classic horror series. Given Vertigo and SpringHill’s first look deals, Warner Bros. is expected to land the film. The studio distributed the most recent “Friday the 13th” installment in 2009.

The project is still in early development – no writer or director is attached. It’s expected to feature the goalie-mask wearing mass murderer Jason Voorhees, who has been the center of the hit franchise since the 1980 original.

The “Friday the 13th” news comes on the heals of Universal and Blumhouse’s revival of “Halloween,” which crushed previous box office records this past weekend, grossing $77.8 million domestically.

SpringHill Entertainment has been busy over the past year, coming on board to produce a sequel to “Space Jam” starring James, but “Friday the 13th” is easily the biggest IP they’ve scored as a company.

Bloody Disgusting first reported the news.
    Source here

Well, the news was first reported by Bloody Disgusting, so we have to take it with a grain of salt. I do think that a sequel/reboot of Friday the 13th is inevitable.

Hmm, seems like nothing is actually greenlit yet. Lebron'a studio is only "in talks" to acquire the rights. They haven't done it yet nor is there any confirmations this thing is going to be made anytime soon so it's too soon to be making this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DevonteHuntley View Post
      it's too soon to be making this thread.
      It has been a slow week. Nobody has been posting about anything.

Comment

I think this place should have been left as the F13 forum. It was much active then. This new board just looks dead. Why was the place changed up like this anyway? I think it turned people off. I expected the Halloween thread to be active and it wasn't. I try to keep it interesting with my Halloween alternate ideas hoping to get some discussions going but that's been lackluster.
        Last edited by DevonteHuntley; 11-07-2018, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I think this place should have been left as the F13 forum. It was much active then. This new board just looks dead. Why was the place changed up like this anyway? I think it turned people off. I expected the Halloween thread to be active and it wasn't. I try to keep it interesting with my Halloween alternate ideas hoping to get some discussions going but that's been lackluster.
          Off-topic

The previous F13 forum wasn't very active, either. Our admin decided to revamp the website and our new community has been growing. We appreciate your contributions as a member. I have read your Halloween ideas and I liked your idea of Rob Zombie's "Halloween" being a movie within a movie (meta).

Comment

Really? The other site wasn't active? Frankly the new site hasn't been booming so much so I'm not sure where the "growing" aspect is, but I hope it does produce a turn around in the coming months. I'm getting bothered by the lack of discussions but I am glad you like my content.

Comment

Really? The other site wasn't active? Frankly the new site hasn't been booming so much so I'm not sure where the "growing" aspect is, but I hope it does produce a turn around in the coming months. I'm getting bothered by the lack of discussions but I am glad you like my content.
              Old site memories (share yours)

Suggestions to make our site more active (in case you wish to contribute)

Horror Movie Database (in case you want to add movies to our database)

Comment

Working...
              X