No announcement yet.

Halloween (2018)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Um, can a mod fix my comment? I'm not sure why it looks like that and it's not letting me edit for some reason.

All of the members of our community are expected to treat one another with politeness and respect. Please do not be aggressive or hostile.
    Okay, so he was complimenting me? Chex, come clear on this one please.

Originally posted by Darth Reaper View Post
    My impression has always been that there isn't much to tell. I've forgotten how Laurie was separated from the Myers family, but she was still really young when it happened, so there probably wasn't much drama revolving around her. And, it seems to me like her life with the Strodes was basically pretty normal and stable for the most part. The fact that Laurie might have occasionally asked questions about where she came from and didn't get much info from the Strodes seemed to be the only possible point of tension for her, and that was addressed in Halloween 2.
    There's plenty of story to tell. Laurie would have remembered the Myers as she was four the last she seen them. She could have been given memory relapses during H20 if she didn't have them yet during her life. I mean, the movie is to be the third installment of the "Laurie trilogy" so it makes sense we get some backstory. If you watch Scream 3, the rule of a trilogy is to always go back to the beginning so they missed the mark there. There was a lot about H20 that wasn't explored. We should have known more on Laurie's past. Things were just far too simple and rushed and even Michael's demise was handled abruptly if they were really going to off him. No epilogue, just a quick cut to credits like okay? Was there a thing at Dimension that horror movies could only run like 84-88 minutes? Since they had the franchise the movies gotten extremely short until Rob Zombie's movies rolled around. The original cuts of H6 and H:R were far better than what the end results brought us.

Originally posted by Darth Reaper View Post
    Yeah, that sounds a bit over-the-top for Halloween. I enjoy the supernatural element to the Halloween movies, but I generally prefer that it be handled with some subtlety and that the tone of the films remain more down-to-Earth.
    Well this is out there, but it's fresh and a way to get everything "back on track". It's worth it and people will appreciate it in the end. One of the drafts for Halloween 6 involved a portal and they thought to do a crossover with Hellraiser when Dimension had the rights to the franchise. So, we could bend some things. The problem is, the series has been playing it safe a lot. Time to branch out and see what this world is capable of. There's also H3 to thank for this because I tie that and it's mystical elements in this too. As far as my sequel goes, here it is and please go easy on me:

The guy that drives the truck the Strode women is Michael himself, much older and normal now. He takes them to his house and tells them a bizarre but fascinating story we flashback to. He tells Laurie that she is his sister. Following the events if H:R, Michael escapes from the morgue and is captured by the police on that night. He is charged and sent to a prison the following year in Santa Mira which is run by Dan Challis. To get around "Halloween" being a movie in the H3 world, that is a movie based on the "actual" 1978 events that was released in 1981, the year of the movie's first TV broadcast in reality. Anyway, the prison has been having inmates missing. This is due to Dan creating a time machine that allows them to go back in time to change their lives and then upon returning to the present where their lives are different, they seek new identities and are free. So the risk of this is changing history and remaining a free life in an altered reality. The catch is they can only go back thirty years so this device can't be used on everyone who was already locked up for more than three decades. Using his knowledge of druids curses from Cochran, Dan first releases Michael from his curse that possessed him the night he killed Judith and Dan informs him on everything he's done and how the Thorn cult "erased" the events of H4-H6 practicing a spell since they all involved Jamie Lloyd and wanted to remain in the clear of her kidnapping and death. He also tells Michael how Laurie survived his attack and was still an inmate at the Grace Anderson Sanitarium.

Michael can't go back to 1963 to stop himself from killing his sister, but can go back to 1978 to avoid the subsequent massacres in the following decades. When going back to 1978, he ends up getting himself captured following being shot off of the balcony and being caught. This set of events lead to the 2018 movie where Michael is incarcerated for forty years. The original Michael returns to 2003 and changes his identity as his altered self is incarcerated and thus, he can live out a free life. 2018 hits and he learns about "his" escape and return to Haddonfield and makes his way to Haddonfield to save Laurie. The altered Michael's remains have been found inside Laurie's house as he's been charred to death so he's done for. The original Michael then seeks out Dan Challis of the altered world to help cross universes into the original timeline to stop his nephew Steven (Jamie Lloyd's son) from possibly carrying out his evil deeds that he inherited from him after being forced by Dr. Wynn to impregnate his niece among many other women at Smith's Grove to spread the seeds of evil. The altered Dan Challis has constructed this machine that creates a portal and Michael ends up in the original timeline's 2018. There, production on HALLOWEEN 3D (sequel to Rob Zombie's movies) is taking place in Haddonfield and Smith's Grove at the sanitarium run by Sara Moyer (from H:R). A masked murdered pretending to be Michael is going around killing the cast and crew. Sara believes it to be her brother Mitchell Moyer (a pun from the name Michael Myers) who was Jamie Lloyd's son that the Moyers adopted following his troubled history and Mitchell revealing to Sara that he murdered his original adoptive family when he was eight and was always scared of his killer tendencies returning at some point. However, the killer turns out to be Laurie Strode who has been living with John Tate and his family for the past five years since her release in 2013 and traveled to Haddonfield to carry out her brother's spree. Michael teams with Sara to stop Laurie, but he dies. Laurie reveals to Sara that she is her daughter who she gave her up for adoption as a baby and John's twin sister. Laurie then dies by killing herself. The story ends where Sara then goes to call John Tate who lives out in California to let him know she is his twin sister, only to be brutally stabbed by her adoptive brother Mitchell out of the blue.

And of course the sequel will take place a couple or so years later and deal with John's family. He's married to Molly and they have four children together. Following Sara's death, they had taken custody of Sara's two children. Mitchell is transferred to the Santa Mira prison and John goes there to meet him. John helps Mitch explore more on his past. Dan Challis still runs the prison but is influenced by the spirit of Cochran to conjure up a blood sacrifice of relatives to bring about his return. Cochran promises to bring Dan's children back to life who he wasn't able to save in time of the 1982 commercial mayhem that didn't spread too far, but far enough for some children to die. John's oldest son Chester retrieves a stone buried deep on the prison property of Santa Mira where the old Shamrock factory use to be at and it knocks him into a coma. Molly does research and uncovers the events of H3 and the aftermath. Challis tells her more about what happened that night and how it bothered him for years. The family Dan is influenced to use to help bring his kids back is none other than Michael's family so he goes out to have John and his kids, and Sara's kids captured. Of course, Michael, Sara, and Laurie returns as spirits and defeats Cochran and Dan is released from his influence and everyone is saved.

Well, what do you think? This is about as good of a continuation and tie-in to everything we could get.
    Last edited by DevonteHuntley; 10-29-2018, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Okay, so he was complimenting me? Chex, come clear on this one please
      Sure was.
      People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

• Did they actually show PJ Soles on screen? I didn't realize she was in it until I caught it in the closing credits, but I thought the voice in the classroom sounded familiar. Maybe I just blinked and missed her
        I had the same exact reaction when reading the credits. I don't think the teacher was onscreen and it makes me wonder if she a quick cameo that was deleted. Sandy Johnson's tits made another appearance though so that, uh, something.
        People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

• Originally posted by DevonteHuntley
          The guy that drives the truck the Strode women is Michael himself, much older and normal now. He takes them to his house and tells them a bizarre but fascinating story we flashback to. He tells Laurie that she is his sister. Following the events if H:R, Michael escapes from the morgue and is captured by the police on that night. He is charged and sent to a prison the following year in Santa Mira which is run by Dan Challis. To get around "Halloween" being a movie in the H3 world, that is a movie based on the "actual" 1978 events that was released in 1981, the year of the movie's first TV broadcast in reality. Anyway, the prison has been having inmates missing. This is due to Dan creating a time machine that allows them to go back in time to change their lives and then upon returning to the present where their lives are different, they seek new identities and are free. So the risk of this is changing history and remaining a free life in an altered reality. The catch is they can only go back thirty years so this device can't be used on everyone who was already locked up for more than three decades. Using his knowledge of druids curses from Cochran, Dan first releases Michael from his curse that possessed him the night he killed Judith and Dan informs him on everything he's done and how the Thorn cult "erased" the events of H4-H6 practicing a spell since they all involved Jamie Lloyd and wanted to remain in the clear of her kidnapping and death. He also tells Michael how Laurie survived his attack and was still an inmate at the Grace Anderson Sanitarium.

Michael can't go back to 1963 to stop himself from killing his sister, but can go back to 1978 to avoid the subsequent massacres in the following decades. When going back to 1978, he ends up getting himself captured following being shot off of the balcony and being caught. This set of events lead to the 2018 movie where Michael is incarcerated for forty years. The original Michael returns to 2003 and changes his identity as his altered self is incarcerated and thus, he can live out a free life. 2018 hits and he learns about "his" escape and return to Haddonfield and makes his way to Haddonfield to save Laurie. The altered Michael's remains have been found inside Laurie's house as he's been charred to death so he's done for. The original Michael then seeks out Dan Challis of the altered world to help cross universes into the original timeline to stop his nephew Steven (Jamie Lloyd's son) from possibly carrying out his evil deeds that he inherited from him after being forced by Dr. Wynn to impregnate his niece among many other women at Smith's Grove to spread the seeds of evil. The altered Dan Challis has constructed this machine that creates a portal and Michael ends up in the original timeline's 2018. There, production on HALLOWEEN 3D (sequel to Rob Zombie's movies) is taking place in Haddonfield and Smith's Grove at the sanitarium run by Sara Moyer (from H:R). A masked murdered pretending to be Michael is going around killing the cast and crew. Sara believes it to be her brother Mitchell Moyer (a pun from the name Michael Myers) who was Jamie Lloyd's son that the Moyers adopted following his troubled history and Mitchell revealing to Sara that he murdered his original adoptive family when he was eight and was always scared of his killer tendencies returning at some point. However, the killer turns out to be Laurie Strode who has been living with John Tate and his family for the past five years since her release in 2013 and traveled to Haddonfield to carry out her brother's spree. Michael teams with Sara to stop Laurie, but he dies. Laurie reveals to Sara that she is her daughter who she gave her up for adoption as a baby and John's twin sister. Laurie then dies by killing herself. The story ends where Sara then goes to call John Tate who lives out in California to let him know she is his twin sister, only to be brutally stabbed by her adoptive brother Mitchell out of the blue.

And of course the sequel will take place a couple or so years later and deal with John's family. He's married to Molly and they have four children together. Following Sara's death, they had taken custody of Sara's two children. Mitchell is transferred to the Santa Mira prison and John goes there to meet him. John helps Mitch explore more on his past. Dan Challis still runs the prison but is influenced by the spirit of Cochran to conjure up a blood sacrifice of relatives to bring about his return. Cochran promises to bring Dan's children back to life who he wasn't able to save in time of the 1982 commercial mayhem that didn't spread too far, but far enough for some children to die. John's oldest son Chester retrieves a stone buried deep on the prison property of Santa Mira where the old Shamrock factory use to be at and it knocks him into a coma. Molly does research and uncovers the events of H3 and the aftermath. Challis tells her more about what happened that night and how it bothered him for years. The family Dan is influenced to use to help bring his kids back is none other than Michael's family so he goes out to have John and his kids, and Sara's kids captured. Of course, Michael, Sara, and Laurie returns as spirits and defeats Cochran and Dan is released from his influence and everyone is saved.

Well, what do you think? This is about as good of a continuation and tie-in to everything we could get.
          It's interesting, but it's not for me. It feels too convoluted and too much like something out of a comic book. Like I said, I prefer my Halloween stories a bit more down-to-earth. Plus, I don't think Sara Moyer needs to be connected to Laurie Strode. I think she works just fine as a normal girl who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and fell afoul of Michael.

Comment

• The best thing this movie has going for it is that it does a good job bringing Halloween back to its roots, which is something that this series really needed at some point. Michael's back to being really creepy rather than just some brutish zombie. Laurie's great. The score's awesome and the film is well made. There's nothing in it that's outright annoying. But everything else doesn't fall into place that great.

Compared to how Curse and Cult of Chucky really reinvigorated the Child's Play series with new ideas but staying true to the original, this movie has one half of the equation right. It stays true to the original really well, but it doesn't really break any new ground. They were really playing it pretty safe here, which isn't necessarily the worst thing after what this series has seen, but I'm not gonna proclaim it as a masterpiece either.

Comment

• Not only can I not EDIT my comments now, I can't even quote a thing. SOME ONE PLEASE FIX THIS! Can you guys see my top comment on this page alright? It looks all jagged.

Good to know Chex. Now I don't have to ring your neck.

As for you Darth Reaper, I appreciate you liking my story sequels ideas. Yes, it is far-fetched and I make this clear, but I wish we did have them as movies for the sake of the franchise being WHOLE again after being retconned and disjointed so many times and in this case, everything gets tied up neatly. RZH series even gets closure in the original timeline. How awesome is that? I made Sara a relative because of her connection to Michael seeing him in the costume store and him not being there. We only know Michael's relatives being able to "foreshadow" him as we've seen with Laurie and Jamie. Sara was suppose to be a relative in a future sequel but that never came to be. Doesn't seem right to ignore that and she could only work out being Laurie's daughter.

Comment

• Edited:

Thank you, admin, for fixing the problem.
                Last edited by Westin; 10-29-2018, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westin View Post
                  Edited:

Thank you, admin, for fixing the problem.
                  Same for me too! Thanks a bunch!

Comment

• I saw this yesterday. Dug it a lot. Thought it was great. I wouldn't rank it above the first four Halloween films but that doesn't mean that I don't love it! It was weird watching a new Halloween movie without rappers and unlikable, bearded trashy people in it. Or seeing Hobo/Wrestler Myers.
                    "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

• Okay people, I just want to make this comment because I want to know what other people would have done differently with the movie. I stated by ideas. I want to go in depth a little more and might change some ideas such as with Michael because one thing I found disappointing is how the makers claimed they were going back to the tone and simplicity of the original yet, we got everything but those things. The plot had a lot going on, too fast-paced, too many characters, and too much gore. I have an idea on where the story could go using ideas I already put out if I was to follow-up on the 2018 movie if I was bizarrely tying it back to the other ones. But this is just if this was the 2018 movie. The story would be called: HALLOWEEN: FAMILY REUNION.

Michael has been captured following the events of H:R and has spent sixteen years back at Smith's Grove which is run by Dr. Dan Challis (from H3). It is October 2018, John Tate and his family lives in Summer Glen, California where he works at Hillcrest as a teacher. He is also married to Molly who is a counselor there. Laurie survived her attack against Michael and has been released out of the sanitarium in 2013 and thus spent a good fifteen years there like Michael did in Smith's Grove. Michael has been under the care of Sara Moyer who works at Smith's Grove. Helping her is her younger adoptive brother intern, Mitchell Moyer who has a mysterious past. Michael is being transferred to a prison out in Santa Mira, California where he is to be executed. In the midst of all of this, production of a third installment to Rob Zombie's Halloween series is also being made based on the 3D script by Todd Farmer. So Rob's movies will be movies in this universe and there's also an original Halloween movie that was made in 1980 which was the one Challis would see on TV in the H3 bar scene.

The first part of the story mostly involves Challis and the Moyers and the filming of RZH3. Challis reveals what happened following the events of H3 and how it changed him. Sara reveals she is related to Michael, having been given up for adoption, which lead to her helping him in some way. She also did some uncovering of the events of H4-H6, Jamie Lloyd and a baby she had, etc all hidden away by the Thorn cult. Mitchell has episodes where he is reminded of a dark past involving the murder of his original adoptive family. When the transfer bus gets to California, it crashes. Sara and Mitchell makes their way to California to see the scene. She meet Laurie and John and Sara reveals that Laurie is her mother and John is her twin sister. By Halloween time, Michael appears in the area and stalks John's oldest son who is interested in the pagan stuff. Michael makes his way back to his sister and nephew who try to kill him, but John's son uses some rune pebbles to release Michael from his curse which works similar to the H6 P-Cut ending. Michael succumbs to all the injuries he's faced over his lifetime and dies, thanking the son that he is now free of the evil.

The Strode-Tate-Moyer family get together in celebration. Challis appears and reveals to everyone (minus Mitchell who isn't around) that after doing some more digging into Mitchell's past, that he is Jamie's son and is the product of Michael raping Jamie and is the one who murdered his original adoptive family as a kid. Mitchell's rage returns shortly after when he brutally stabs Molly and leads everyone horrified in an ending similar to Halloween 4.

So yeah, this is the sequel we should have gotten. It ties up all the movies in the original series, even bringing RZ's movies into the mix and acknowledging the potential third installment to that series that never came to fruition in reality. A movie like this could still be made but maybe as a TV or direct-to-video flick and under another studio. I'm in the process of writing my own original horror series and got two installments done and writing a third part which is near completion (and this will actually be the first part since I went back and decided to write a proper beginning story to the other two). So if that gets picked up and does well to become an actual movie, I'm going to make sure we get the proper Halloween wrap up the first eight movies need with some collaboration help of course. I already started a new H9 story a couple months ago and put that off after a few pages. I will be working back on that again soon enough with some tweaks.
                      Last edited by DevonteHuntley; 11-06-2018, 09:44 PM.

Comment

• ^I think it's Jamie Lee Curtis who opposes acknowledging the previous sequels and movies.

There was an alleged scene on the script of H20 in which Laurie Strode is listening to some kind of radio show about Michael Myers. She is reminded about the death of her daughter, Jamie Lloyd, and turns off the radio and throws up. According to what I've heard from members who used to post here regularly, this alleged scene was eliminated from the official script because Curtis opposed it.

On a different note, Danielle Harris (Jamie Lloyd) apparently didn't like the fact that they rebooted Halloween and Laurie has a daughter (again) and the daughter is not Jamie. Link here: https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/...-bummed-heres/

Comment

• Jamie Lee haven't even seen those movies when H20 rolled around. I doubt she still has seen them since. She has no room to want to discard them considering they helped build this franchise anyway and helped further and rejuvenate her career? With a big amount of money she'll likely come back or we can recast with a look-alike. John and Laurie need another onscreen moment and this is a FAMILY REUNION after all.

That reference to H4-H6 in H20 that you are referring to was a classroom scene where a student did a report on the Haddonfield murders. They cut it out because of the whole Jamie/John thing along with any other reference to those movies. Not because of Jamie Lee. That's the first I'm hearing that and it doesn't even make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by DevonteHuntley View Post
                            Jamie Lee haven't even seen those movies when H20 rolled around. I doubt she still has seen them since. She has no room to want to discard them considering they helped build this franchise anyway and helped further and rejuvenate her career? With a big amount of money she'll likely come back or we can recast with a look-alike. John and Laurie need another onscreen moment and this is a FAMILY REUNION after all.
                            Curtis openly admitted to Variety magazine that H20 was just a money gig for her. It started with good intentions, she said, but eventually she did the movie just for the money, she admitted. Thus, I very much doubt that she has watched H4-H6 or has any interest in watching them. She didn't want to be in "Resurrection," either. She only accepted being in "Resurrection" because there was a clause stating that writers cannot kill Michael Myers and that H20 had to have a sequel of some sort. Back then, she vehemently opposed reprising her role as Laurie Strode in any Halloween movie and that's why her character got killed. While it's true that Laurie Strode was Curtis's first role in a movie and that the role helped her career, I don't really think that she cares about the franchise as a whole.

Originally posted by DevonteHuntley View Post

That reference to H4-H6 in H20 that you are referring to was a classroom scene where a student did a report on the Haddonfield murders. They cut it out because of the whole Jamie/John thing along with any other reference to those movies. Not because of Jamie Lee. That's the first I'm hearing that and it doesn't even make sense.
                            Well, don't quote me on this, but if memory doesn't fail me... someone who used to post here said that it was Curtis who opposed the scene. Although she was not a producer, I think she had some creative control over the movie.

Comment

• There are a couple of ideas that I'd like to explore with the right help.

One idea is to say that Michael did die at the end of Halloween 2, but his evil spirit continues to plague Haddonfield. Every year, on Halloween, he manifests himself in a physical form and stalks the town again. I'd like to explore how Michael's reign of terror has affected the town and its people. I'd have the main characters serve as a kind of microcosm of what's happening in the town. How they deal with the situation would represent how most people in the town deal with it. Nobody really knows what's going on, though different people have different theories. All they really know is that for 40 years since Michael Myers' death, people have continued to die in Haddonfield, on Halloween, in a manner that's consistent with Michael's MO. This not knowing makes things even more difficult, because without knowing what's going on, nobody really knows what to do about it.

The second idea would be a bit simpler. It would be Halloween 2018, but instead of focusing on Laurie Strode and her family, I would have Michael escape from custody after 40 years, return to Haddonfield, and pick a new group of people to terrorize. Laurie Strode could be mentioned in this movie. It could be said that she struggled with the aftermath of Michael's attack, but ultimately moved away from Haddonfield and went on with her life. Michael doesn't really care about her in this story. He's more interested in finding new prey to hunt.

A third possible idea would be to do a sequel to Halloween: Resurrection and focus on a character, or group of characters, who decide to deal with Halloween by packing up and leaving town for a few days and not coming back until after Halloween has come and gone. Little do they know that they've caught Michael's eye and now he's following them to their destination, where a new killing spree will commence.

Those are my thoughts, for now.

Comment

• Have you guys ever written a script, Darth Reaper and Devonte Huntley?

If not, you should study the basics of screenwriting and write your own film scripts. It's the only way to get those ideas turned into actual movies. I hear it's a very difficult field, but the good news is that you don't have to go to film school to become a screenwriter (especially nowadays); there are many resources you can find online (classes on YouTube), used books you can order from Amazon, scripts of your favorite movies that you can use as a template, and virtually anything you need to perfect your art. In other words, if you have a dream, just don't sit there.

Comment

Working...
                                X