Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Strangers: Prey At Night

OH MY GOD. PERFECTION.

This movie is so perfect in every aspect. the last 20 minutes are some of the greatest scenes... ever. the songs Total Eclipse of The Heart, and the other one. the villains were so fucking perfect. this is one of the greatest sequels ever, fucking destroys the first, which is great, but this was just, WOW. the music, the atmosphere, all i can say was this was a perfect slasher flick. i feel emotion for the characters.

buy this movie, support great horror.

i've watched this 6 times already, i havent loved a movie this much since The Guest.

My brother watched it and didn't care for it. He said it wasn't very much like the first Strangers (creepy and suspenseful) and more like a generic slasher. He called it "Jason in a trailer park".

I still really want to see it, though.

Comment

I've never seen the movie.

I just wanted to say hello and welcome to IamSaw and Wes. I'm glad you guys finally made it over. I look forward to your posts.

Comment

Sorry gotta disagree here.

This film doesn't deserve 'The Strangers' moniker. Should've left the title at 'Prey At Night' only.

I like a vintage sounding synthy score as much as the next guy, but something about it here seems forced. And the all too cheeky /ironic 80s songs didn't land with me either.

I cringed at the angsty teenage girl (Dushku lite) who came complete with the official angsty teen starter pack (Ramones t-shirt, black wristband, and a pack of cigarettes) Other characters were pretty generic too. Shame because I love me some Christina Hendricks. She was wasted here. Didn't care about any of them really.

Didn't really understand why they had to stop and visit their Aunt & Uncle at a remote trailer park, besides the plot of the movie wanting to involve that setting. Must've tuned that out. Regardless i'm sure the reason was flimsy at best.

Maybe the water and the car stuff at the end was good enough. Didn't blow me away. It was the highlight of the movie for sure. I'll give it that. Also the lack of sound in certain parts was a nice interesting touch. But other audio like the ear ringing effect is too common these days. Its the more versatile Wilhelm scream of the new millennium I suppose.

Admittedly I haven't seen the original in almost a decade. Besides people in masks tormenting a family, this film takes a 'Wrong Turn' (OH snap, I'm all bout that Dushku life I guess?)

​​​​​​......Worth a rent for morbid curiosity only. Would not watch again.

Comment

Originally posted by i am SAW View Post
          OH MY GOD. PERFECTION.

This movie is so perfect in every aspect. the last 20 minutes are some of the greatest scenes... ever. the songs Total Eclipse of The Heart, and the other one. the villains were so fucking perfect. this is one of the greatest sequels ever, fucking destroys the first, which is great, but this was just, WOW. the music, the atmosphere, all i can say was this was a perfect slasher flick. i feel emotion for the characters.

buy this movie, support great horror.

i've watched this 6 times already, i havent loved a movie this much since The Guest.
          HELL YEAH.

I'm gonna be real. Everybody come in close.

[looks around]

[whispers]

I might like Prey at Night more than the original Strangers.

Comment

Agree with you guys that loved it.

I think The Strangers (original) is average. It’s a tense house invasion film and hits its marks. But it was slow and dragged and the characters were incredibly unlikable. But I think it’s written like that on purpose; for these characters to stay in this situation they have to be a bit stupid/not thinking properly. I just find the concept of The Strangers great, but the execution wasn’t terrific. Basically, if you don’t like your characters, you don’t care if they die.

Now, Strangers Prey At Night...

Well, to the original’s credit, I think the sequel lifts the original because you need the original to have set the standard of the terror of these killers. But the sequel holy shit! It starts off the same as the first; family drama, stupid characters... but then fucking annihilates everything as they fight back! Absolutely brilliant! The cinematography, too! That pool scene where the little one runs at the kid and the camera zooms in, paired with the music! Just brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! SPOILER The homage to Texas Chain Saw Massacrew is also brilliant.

Basically, I don’t need to re-watch The Strangers. It’s just a house invasion film that people liked at the time and did what it needed too. The sequel, however, is a fun thrilling exciting ride because I cared about these characters because they decided to fight back. Also that pool scene!!!

Comment

Working...
            X