Prophecy (1979)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prophecy (1979)

No, this is not the one with Christopher Walken! When I was a kid and we made the jump from an antenna with 3 channels to cable with 13 channels we also got a movie channel. I can't for the life of me remember its name but there were no commercials and it seemed to play a hand full of movies in heavy rotation for a couple of weeks at a time. Having a movie channel was like some crazy new invention to kids back then so when a good movie was on for a couple of weeks it got watched a lot! One such movie I remember was Prophecy. There was something bad being released into the water ways by a logging company and it was deforming the local wildlife including a grizzly. There is a scene that really sticks out where an injured guy is strapped to the top of a Blazer and the grizzly flips it on its side and bites his head off. I was thinking of revisiting this one and wondered if any of yall had seen it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Prophecy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	1298Click image for larger version

Name:	prophecy 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	1299

I used to see this at the local mom & pop video store and the one I worked at later all the time, but never saw it. I think I rented it once and so did a friend one time for a movie night, yet in both instances something came up it got overlooked. It has a killer bear so it has to be fun.
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

Mr Mojo, I'm a fan! My brother stole cable so that he and I could watch it. I was twelve and boy was I scared! That bear thing was HUGE! And Robert Foxworth did a great job as a vulnerable but strong hero. His performance rocks! His fight scene with mama bear was the stuff of my nightmares as a kid.Consider it my thanks to Rob for being the hero in that respect. Fighting a mutant bear is not an easy thing to live with, but Robert pulled it off with director John Frankenheimer and it was great!!! So how South Park caught in with that episode that brought Katahdin the Mutant Bear back I dunno! I can't stop tapping about it. The film affected me that much!!! If I'm weird, tell me and i will consider you cool!

Comment

Working...
      X