Title The Babysitter
    Year 2017
    Rated TV-MA
    Released 13 Oct 2017
    Runtime 85 min
    Director McG
    Writer Brian Duffield
    Actors Judah Lewis, Samara Weaving, Robbie Amell, Hana Mae Lee
    Plot Cole (Judah Lewis) is madly in love with his babysitter (Samara Weaving) Bee. She's hot, funny, and popular. One night, in a moment of defiance, Cole secretly stays up his bedtime to discover she's actually a cold-blooded killer who's in league with the Devil. He now must spend his night evading Bee's band of killers who will stop at nothing to prevent Cole from spilling their dark secret. It's up to Cole to survive the night (and blow up a few people along the way).
    Language English
    Country USA
    Awards N/A
    Production Marvista Entertainment
    Website http://www.babysitterfilm.com/
    .................................................. ..........................

If you're into horror comedy (Evil Dead 2, Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, etc.), this movie is perfect. Netflix ruined much of the plot and surprise twists with their annoying (and forced) preview clips when you hover over a movie selection or when its original releases are new. I think the surprises & twists would have added to the overall movie, but you may easily foreshadow them anyway.

This movie doesn't take itself seriously and neither should you. Logic and smart decisions are a rarity but may add a little to the experience in this case. By design, this movie flaunts a few of these horror tropes your way as a wink/nod. Unfortunately, I found many of the characters personalities paper thin or dull (with a few exceptions: main antagonist, the babysitter, and the QB); very little exposition. I feel they edited out some scenes for brevity. Oh well.

The end of the movie is a little touching. Overall, a pretty fun outing. The production values are great for a horror flick and the cast is nice to look at.
    Good for laughs and some creative/fun kills.

Worth a viewing. 6.5/10.

Comment

Watching Arrow's cousin take a shot to the nuts was definitely a highlight in this movie!

Comment

Working...
      X