Clear All

• Evil Dead (2013)

Title Evil Dead
    Year 2013
    Rated R
    Released 05 Apr 2013
    Runtime 91 min
    Director Fede Alvarez
    Writer Fede Alvarez (screenplay by), Rodo Sayagues (screenplay by), Sam Raimi (based on the motion picture "The Evil Dead", written by)
    Actors Jane Levy, Shiloh Fernandez, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas
    Plot Five twenty-something friends become holed up in a remote cabin. When they discover a Book of the Dead, they unwittingly summon up dormant demons living in the nearby woods, which possess the youngsters in succession until only one is left intact to fight for survival.
    Language English
    Country USA
    Awards 6 wins & 18 nominations.
    Production TriStar Pictures
    Website http://www.evildead-movie.com/
    .................................................. ..........................

DISC 1:
    Unrated Version

DISC 2:
    R-Rated Version
    Audio Commentary
    Making Life Difficult Featurette
    Directing The Dead Featurette
    Being Mia Featurette
    Unleashing the Evil Force Featurette
    Evil Dead the Reboot Feature
    About time the Unrated cut finally makes its way to America. Comes out on October 23rd.
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

Only Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness <3

Comment

Surprisingly, I still have not seen this.

Comment

As much as modern remakes fail to live up to their original counterparts, this stands rather tall. The cinematography runs rampant much like in Raimi's film while including moments of dark and nasty humor. The finale itself drives straight into gonzo territory and takes the advice Raimi and company were given when making the original (make the screen run red with blood) onto another level.
          People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

Wasn't there talk of Ash coming back to do battle alongside the 'final girl' of this film in a possible sequel? I read in another thread here that Ash has hung up his chainsaw.

Comment

There were some talks, but it fell apart between Alvarez and Raimi as far as continuing the idea. I know Campbell has championed another entry following Mia though.

Yeah, Campbell said he was glad about doing Ash Vs. Evil Dead, but it was time to stop with the character. I believe it's because he was happy to even get the chance to do so much more with it and that in itself was an undertaking to even make happen.

Comment

Working...
              X