Title The Last House on the Left
    Year 1972
    Rated R
    Released 30 Aug 1972
    Runtime 84 min
    Director Wes Craven
    Writer Wes Craven
    Actors Sandra Peabody, Lucy Grantham, David Hess, Fred J. Lincoln
    Plot On the eve of her seventeenth birthday, Mari Collingwood tells her parents that she is going to the concert of underground band Bloodlust in New York with her friend Phyllis Stone. She borrows the family's car and heads with her friend to a dangerous neighborhood in the city. Meanwhile, the sadistic and cruel escapees Krug Stillo and Fred 'Weasel' Podowski are hidden in a hideout with their partners Sadie (Jeramie Rain) and Krug's addicted son Junior Stillo (Marc Sheffler) after killing two guards and one shepherd in their runaway. The two girls seek marijuana near the theater and meet Junior that offers some Colombian grass to them. They go to his apartment and are subdued by the criminals that rape Phyllis. On the next morning, they hide the girls in the trunk of their convertible and head to Canada. However, they have a problem with the car's rod and they stop on the road close to Mari's house. When Phyllis tries to escape, the gang stabs her to death and shots Mari after humiliating and raping them. They seek shelter in Mari's home, but during the night, her mother overhears a conversation of the criminals telling that they have killed her daughter. She tells her husband and they plot a scheme to revenge the death of their princess.
    Language English
    Country USA
    Awards N/A
    Production Hallmark Entertainment
    Website N/A
    .................................................. ..........................

An update on the specs for Arrow's release coming as of July 3rd.

3 DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
    - Three cuts of the film newly restored in 2K from original film elements
    - Original uncompressed mono audio
    - Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
    - 6 x collector's postcards
    - Double-sided fold-out poster
    - Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
    - Limited edition 60-page perfect-bound book featuring new writing on the film by author Stephen Thrower
    - Soundtrack CD

DISC ONE [BLU-RAY] - THE UNRATED CUT
    - High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Unrated Version
    - Isolated score newly remastered from the original 17.5" magnetic tracks
    - Brand new audio commentary with Bill Ackerman and Amanda Reyes
    - Archival audio commentary with writer/director Wes Craven and producer Sean S. Cunningham
    - Archival audio commentary with stars David Hess, Marc Sheffler and Fred Lincoln
    - Archival introduction to the film by Wes Craven
    Still Standing: The Legacy of The Last House on the Left - archival interview with Wes Craven
    - Celluloid Crime of the Century - Archival documentary featuring interviews with Wes Craven, Sean S. Cunningham, actors David Hess, Fred Lincoln, Jeramie Rain, Marc Sheffler and Martin Kove
    - Scoring Last House - archival interview with actor/composer David Hess
    - It's Only a Movie: The Making of Last House in the Left - archival featurette
    - Forbidden Footage - the cast and crew discuss the film's most controversial sequences
    - Junior's Story - a brand new interview with actor Marc Sheffler
    - Blood and Guts- a brand new interview with makeup artist Anne Paul
    - The Road Leads to Terror - a brand new featurette revisiting the film's original shooting locations
    - Deleted Scene: "Mari Dying at the Lake
    - Extended Outtakes and Dailies, newly transferred in HD
    - Trailers, TV Spot and Radio Spots
    - Image Galleries

DISC TWO [BLU-RAY] - THE 'KRUG & COMPANY' AND R-RATED CUTS
    - High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of the Krug & Company and R-Rated cuts of the film
    - The Craven Touch - a brand new featurette bringing together interviews with a number of Wes Craven's collaborators including Sean S. Cunningham, composer Charles Bernstein, producer Peter Locke, cinematographer Mark Irwin and actress Amanda Wyss
    - Early Days and "Night of Vengeance" - filmmaker Roy Frumkes remembers Wes Craven and Last House on the Left
    - Tales That'll Tear Your Heart Out - unfinished short film by Wes Craven
    - Q&A with Marc Sheffler from a 2017 screening of the film at The American Cinematheque
    - Krug Conquers England - archival featurette charting the theatrical tour of the first ever uncut screening of the film in the UK

DISC THREE [CD] - 'THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT' ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK
    - CD featuring the complete, newly remastered film score
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

With the release date moving around and me being so busy last summer, I neglected to pick this up. Turns out it was for the best as Amazon Canada had (or maybe still does) for sale at $17 and some change and that includes the shipping price factored in. Crazy thing is that I ordered it Wed and it's already arrived today! The hell is with that first turn around time when it takes much longer for packages to travel across the U.S. yet something from Canada can be here in two days.

Anyway, the package is beautiful with the poster, booklet, six postcards, and the soundtrack. One of the best aspects is finally having a copy of the movie with its famous poster art. I'm going to see if I can't dig into that new commentary and the new features tonight.
      People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

It really is an incredible release. Enjoy!

Comment

The commentary wasn't bad other than the two participants had so much to say, they would have to stop the other and interject. Interesting blend of social history, theme, and current information about the cast. The revisiting of the locations was nice. Everything shot in Connecticut looks the same. That's as far as I made it. Still a couple of interviews on disc one before I hit up disc 2.

Comment

It keeps going down on Amazon Canada. Right now it's about $16.41 and that includes the shipping price. Plus, the shipping is incredibly fast for whatever reason. Anyone interested in this should jump at it while you can.

Comment

Really been enjoying the extended outtakes and dailies.

Comment

Just a quick bump that this is $14 and change for the release and shipping costs at Amazon Canada. For an Arrow release, that's crazy cheap.

Comment

This is the release of the year by far. Arrow knocked it out of the park. I still haven't been able to make my way through everything on this set. It's...vast. I'm sure I'll start listening to the soundtrack in a few days when fall officially arrives. Maybe watch Krug and Company sometime this Halloween season and one of these days I'd like to revisit the commentaries. So much stuff...

Comment

I'm considering ordering another copy. I don't know what I'd do with it, but damn, it's so cheap that it wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex View Post
                      I'm considering ordering another copy. I don't know what I'd do with it, but damn, it's so cheap that it wouldn't hurt.
                      You can send it to your pal Monkey, if he's not homeless in the future.

In the commentary, did they ever touch upon how Wes Craven felt about this movie many years later? I though he may have had a little regret, due to the movie's violence and subject matter. Simply do not remember. I'm just curious; I could be completely wrong and would like to know either way.

Comment

The commentary with him and Cunningham is both of them being upbeat and making jokes while pointing out how rough it was to make a low budget film early in their careers. Granted, this commentary was 15 years old or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey View Post

You can send it to your pal Monkey, if he's not homeless in the future.

In the commentary, did they ever touch upon how Wes Craven felt about this movie many years later? I though he may have had a little regret, due to the movie's violence and subject matter. Simply do not remember. I'm just curious; I could be completely wrong and would like to know either way.
                          I remember discussing the LHOTL with some folks here a while ago.

If memory doesn't fail me, Craven, by then a very young director, thought that the movie would be screened only in select theaters, meaning that he thought he could be transgressive because not many people would see the movie. To much of Craven's surprise, though, the movie was screened much more broadly than he thought and it gained notoriety. I believe Craven felt very bad and ostracized due to the content of the movie. The movie has gained many releases on DVD and I believe there is a release in which Craven himself briefly appears before the movie begins and says that this was a movie that he did not watch or wished to forget about it.

Some of the actors did regret making the film. A specific actor (I don't remember which one) stated that he regretted making the movie and this particular actor built a career making X-rated movies.

One of the actresses did the movie because she was angry at her parents and wanted to shame them.

Comment

Working...
                          X