Title Night of the Creeps
    Year 1986
    Rated R
    Released 22 Aug 1986
    Runtime 88 min
    Director Fred Dekker
    Writer Fred Dekker
    Actors Jason Lively, Steve Marshall, Jill Whitlow, Tom Atkins
    Plot In 1959, an alien experiment crashes to earth and infects a fraternity member. They freeze the body, but in the modern day, two geeks pledging a fraternity accidentally thaw the corpse, which proceeds to infect the campus with parasites that transform their hosts into killer zombies.
    Language English
    Country USA
    Awards 1 win.
    Production TriStar Pictures
    Website N/A
    .................................................. ..........................

Although the current blu-ray release is rather stacked with a documentary by Red Shirt Pictures, alternate ending, and other features, Shout! Factory has announced their own special edition.

Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION NECA ACTION FIGURE, an EXCLUSIVE LIMITED EDITION ROLLED POSTER of our newly commissioned cover art, an exclusive LIMITED EDITION SLIPCOVER of our newly commissioned cover art, PLUS get it SHIPPED FREE in the U.S. (Standard Shipping)! Limited to 3,000 copies.

Product Note: Extras in progress and will be announced at a later date. Synopsis
    "A fantastic horror movie ... There is so much to love about Night of the Creeps that I have no idea where to begin." – Bloody Disgusting

Thrill me! When an alien experiment goes awry, it crashes to Earth in 1959 and infects a young college student. Twenty-seven years later, his cryogenically frozen body is thawed out by fraternity pledges ... and the campus is quickly overrun by alien creatures whose victims turn into zombies! Fred Dekker's thoroughly enjoyable throwback chiller deftly mixes all sorts of genres while simultaneously having fun with them (the college and all the leading characters are named after famous horror movie directors).

This Exclusive Limited Edition contains:
    • Night of the Creeps [Collector’s Edition] 2-disc Blu-ray (with slipcover)
    • An exclusive, limited edition 8" tall Detective Ray Cameron action figure by NECA
    • A second slipcover — made exclusively for this promotion — featuring new artwork from artist Devon Whitehead
    • An exclusive, limited edition 18" x 24" rolled poster — made exclusively for this promotion — of the newly-designed art from artist Devon Whitehead (this will ship rolled, in a poster tube)
    Shout's Website
    I usually pass on their limited edition products with the poster and numerous slipcovers, but damn if I'm not tempted by this for one specific reason--that Tom Atkins figure! I thought the Angela figure from Night of the Demons was bad ass, but this is on a whole new level. I mean, look at at.

It's Miller Time! Or in this case, Dekker time. Is it $70 worth though? Eh, I'm conflicted.
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

Watch out, Barbies. Tom is here.

Speaking of Tom Atkins, I'm going to Horrorhound Weekend next month in Cincinnati and plan on meeting Mr. Atkins. At first Christopher Lloyd was number one on my list but that changed once they announced Tom Atkins. Stoked!
      "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

Awesome! Got any particular quote you want him to sign?
        People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

Working...
        X