Clear All

• Puppetmaster (1989)

Title Puppetmaster
    Year 1989
    Rated R
    Released N/A
    Runtime 90 min
    Director David Schmoeller
    Writer Charles Band (story), Kenneth J. Hall (story), David Schmoeller (screenplay)
    Actors Paul Le Mat, William Hickey, Irene Miracle, Jimmie F. Skaggs
    Plot Neil Gallagher found the secret to Toulon's puppets who come to life and then killed himself. Alex and his psychic friends come to investigate and are stalked by Toulon's puppets who have a variety of strange traits including a drill for a head and the ability to spit up leeches.
    Language English
    Country USA
    Awards 1 nomination.
    Production Full Moon
    Website N/A
    .................................................. ..........................

Thought this was as good a place as any to talk a little bit about the book. The franchise is turning 30 this year and the book is meant to chronicle the history of the entire brand, going through the making of not only the movies, but shining light on the comics, toys, replicas, etc. that were made along the way as well. Maybe more than any other horror franchise, this one has had drastic ups and downs, and I'm doing my best to explore the whys and hows of that roller coaster of quality while also giving each movie its due. I've got exclusive interviews, never-before-seen BTS photos and all that good stuff that will hopefully at least be incentive sell some copies to people outside my immediate family.

Here are a couple of the folks I've spoken to so far:
    Kenneth J. Hall (original screenwriter, PM1)
    Richard Band (composer)
    Lee MacLeod (poster artist, PM1-6)
    Glenn Lumsden (artist, PM comics (1990))
    C. Courtney Joyner (screenwriter, PM3)
    Jeff Burr (director, PM 4-5)
    Dave Parker (director, Tales of Halloween, Hills Run Red, co-writer of unmade Puppet Wars trilogy)
    Jay Woelfel (co-writer of unmade Puppet Wars trilogy)
    Rick Phares (former VP of Full Moon Toys, creator/sculptor of Puppet Master Action Figure Series)
    Shane Bitterling (writer, Puppet Master X: Axis Rising)
    Shawn Gabborin (writer, PM comic series 2015-2018)

Comment

Working...
    X