Clear All

• Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)

Title Friday the 13th Part 2
    Year 1981
    Rated R
    Released 01 May 1981
    Runtime 87 min
    Director Steve Miner
    Writer Ron Kurz, Victor Miller (characters)
    Actors Amy Steel, John Furey, Adrienne King, Kirsten Baker
    Plot Months after Alice beheaded psycho killer/mother Pamela Voorhees at Camp Crystal Lake, survivor Alice is still traumatized because of the murders. But there is one problem. Mrs. Voorhee's son Jason never drowned and died.So he saw Alice behead Mrs. Voorhees. Jason finds Alice soon and murders her. Five years later a camp counselor in training program begins at Campanack Lodge. Right near Jason's home.Camp Crystal Lake. As teenagers in the program start snooping around Camp Crystal Lake, they start getting killed violently one by one.
    Language English
    Country USA
    Awards 3 nominations.
    Production Paramount Studios
    Website N/A
    .................................................. ..........................

Decided to watch this the other night and noticed something I never considered before. The opening with the young boy purposely splashing his foot in the water, causing (harmless) destruction), only to stop and do what his mother tells him to is foreshadowing of what occurs during the climax. What stops Jason momentarily during his path of chaos and bloodshed? Being ordered by his mother.

Also, I never realized how much of a lead Jason had on the cop during the chase sequence. There's a puddle of water Jason steps in during the sequence. Later, the cop does the same. However, the puddle is completely still. It would take more than a few seconds for the ripples and all movement to cease. I know this is more of a continuity issue than anything, but it works fine in-universe as well by showing how out of his league the cop is.
    People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

I think my first thread started on the B&B forum was about this movie.

Comment

That's some good memory! I honestly can't recall what mine was about. It may not have even been about Friday the 13th at all which is surprising considering that's why I went to the forum to begin with. Those bygone days filled with rumors of Freddy fighting Jason and a supposed new release involving Jason in space. Memorieeeeeeeeessss.
        People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

Comment

I'm gonna tell you how stupid it was. I was all hopped up on vicodin after having surgery on my tailbone and decided to test out this fan theory I had from childhood: When you see Vicki's corpse slinking down the stairs, what if it wasn't Jason dragging her? What if that was her getting away.

Everyone rightfully was like, "yeah okay so 20+years later let's have a sequel with a forgettable victim from 1981 in a wheel chair?"

They were nicer about it, considering how newbishly stupid that was.

Comment

Interesting. My very first post in May 2004 was in this movie's thread. This movie brought me to the boards.

The mystery of Paul... was he ever a confirmed kill?

Comment

Part 2 and its many mysteries:
              Paul - dead or alive?
              Muffin - dead or alive?
              Did Jason really have hair?
              Was the ending a dream?
              How often was the toilet in Jason's shack used?

So many discussions brought about by these topics.

Comment

I've always wondered what happened to Jeff's harmonica and what all songs he could play on it.

Chex, I thought Jason pooped in the woods and wiped his ass with the Charmin bears.
                "So I have to go back and fix myself, and take care of myself, and I have to go back and I have to find my smile because somewhere along the line I lost it and I don't care, really, I don't care if it's unpopular, and I don't care if, uh, people want to make fun of me because I'm an emotional guy."

Comment

If Jason had hair, he shaved his head and went to the Art of Shaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Notti View Post
                    I've always wondered what happened to Jeff's harmonica and what all songs he could play on it.

Chex, I thought Jason pooped in the woods and wiped his ass with the Charmin bears.
                    Oh snap, Jason with a harmonica is just begging for a fan fic!

Hmmm, but does Jason poop? What about zombie Jason? Anything coming out of the ol' chute?

Comment

Working...
                    X