Welcome to Twin Peaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chex View Post
    Bwahaha, I love that email you sent. It's perfectly spot on and right to the point. What was Fenn originally supposed to do?

Is that the 5 hours of behind the scenes material? I've heard good stuff about that.

And now, on to tonight's episode....
    I have no idea what the original plan for Audrey was. I've read some speculation that the scene with her mom and Richard was intended for her but I don't know if there's anything to it.

Yeah, the stuff on the bonus disc. I can't actually remember how long it was but 5 hours sounds about right. Some really interesting footage there.

What's with the wonky time? Janey-E says Dougie was out all night partying, but he was at home last episode throwing the ball with the kid? Also, time has passed for everyone else yet Audrey and Charlie's scene here occurs immediately after their scene in the episode before. Strange.
    I was wondering when you would notice this. It's definitely nonlinear to a point. It is consistently moving forward but we don't necessarily see everything in chronological order. There are a few instances where this pops up, some are obvious and some more subtle. One of things I didn't notice at first was the closing scene in the RR a couple parts back where the guy rushes in asking for Billy, there's a cut in there and when it cuts it's a completely different night with different customers, etc.

Comment

I don't know if I'd want to see Audrey's first scene as that of where Richard would come in and terrorize her. It wouldn't fit considering the old Audrey wouldn't have put up with that shit. I understand she's different now, but the change would be jarring.

Huh, I don't think I noticed. Was it while the credits were rolling? I'll admit that sometimes, even though I let the credits roll to see the performances or Ed play with matches, sometimes I'm not fully paying attention to what's happening. >_<
      People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

Yeah, I think it was during the credit roll. I do pay attention as sometimes there are cool things buried in the credits, but I still didn't notice the first time. I also didn't notice the ominous Badalamenti track playing underneath Sleep Walk in that scene.

I really like Mark Kermode. This is an excellent video.

Comment

3x14 - Part 14: We Are Like The Dreamer
          About time Chad gets taken down. I couldn't figure out why he was even allowed on the force when nobody in the entire department seemed to like the guy let alone tolerate him. Guess that answers that. Hawk with the quick draw. I'm wondering if the guy in the nearby jail cell is Billy after Tina's daughter described him.

Out of all the people to get abducted into the White Lodge by the Giant, it's Andy. Seeing him catch up on the events was, uh, interesting. I like how he goes into full competent rescue mode right after....and then reverts back to his usual Andy self at the police station. Turns out green glove boy has super strength in his one had courtesy of the Giant. That's at least three people he's help in Twin Peaks. I'm really curious as to his motivation. Is it because he's acting against the actions of the Black Lodge or is there more to it?

Before I forget to mention, I think James found the humming in the Great Northern. Wait, he's a security guard? Eh, that works. I'd like to see him and Bobby run into each other. I could see their interaction being far different than it was in the pilot.

Also, Dana Ashbrook is killing it this season. MacLachlan rules in his various roles, but I think Bobby is near the top with him.

Gordon remembering moments of Fire Walk with Me was a treat along with the mentioning (and finally showing) Jeffries. I'm interested in the opinions of people that never saw the movie before watching this. I suppose you could follow along, but even less of it would make sense. The way Gordon and Albert talk about how there seemed to be more to the event with Jeffries and Cooper yet couldn't remember had me chuckling. Lynch somehow figured out a way to tie in the deleted scenes from the movie without really tying them in. Great way to finally make sense of that scene in the film where Jeffries freaks out about Cooper and tells Gordon he's not who he thinks he is. Jeffries from the future? What is past?

Also, Tammy is hot. I don't think I ever mentioned that before. It needed to be said.

Best moment is Gordon randomly talking about how he dreamed of having lunch with Monica Belluci. Then it cuts to his dream and, sure enough, there's Monica Belluci. How come that shit doesn't happen to me?

Oh shit, Diane's half-sister or whatever is Janey-E! They're finally zeroing in on Dougie. It's coming together....still. Very, very slowly. So slowly. But it's getting there...

....and just like that, Sarah Palmer wins another round of being the creepiest damn thing of the entire episode. What the fuck?! Looks like my hunch was correct and that she's not hearing voices because she's crazy, but she's host to an entity. The only other entity that I can think of that isn't Bob (well, and Mike I suppose) is that creature that barfed up / birthed Bob and the other demons. The same one that appeared in the Glass Box at the beginning. That thing was vicious to those two kids. Thinking about it, it went for their throats just like the bar victim here. Man, and I thought Leland had it bad. I figured Evil Cooper was going to be the main villain considering the way he seemed to be screwing up the order of the Black Lodge, but now I think it's the Glass Box demon. Perhaps that's Evil Cooper's plan? Not just to mess up the order of things, but to do so to release the demon? The young girl from episode 8 is not Sarah, the one with the bug crawling into her? Wait, the bug represented Bob though so that wouldn't make sense. Also, didn't Laura's face get removed at one point and there was a bright light behind it? Sarah's face gets removed and it's one of evil. Damn, mother versus daughter?

Oh, but hey, we get to see Tina's daughter and hear about Billy. Maybe this is one of those things that will be fine on a rewatch because I'll understand how it fits together, but I'm getting tired of the Roadhouse gals and drama. They somewhat remind me of the "Invitation to Love" segments in the first season, but those at least were a parody. This only appears to build up the mystery of Billy, but surely there had to be a better way. Oh well. At least I enjoyed the performance of Lissie. Looked like the Roadhouse crowd seemed to as well. That's probably the most energized I've seen them.

This was a solid watch. Several pieces came together with some unexpected moments. I feel like a junkie though. The show offers just a taste of the story moving ahead or some slight revelation and I'm pleased while begging for more.
          People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

....and just like that, Sarah Palmer wins another round of being the creepiest damn thing of the entire episode. What the fuck?! Looks like my hunch was correct and that she's not hearing voices because she's crazy, but she's host to an entity. The only other entity that I can think of that isn't Bob (well, and Mike I suppose) is that creature that barfed up / birthed Bob and the other demons. The same one that appeared in the Glass Box at the beginning. That thing was vicious to those two kids. Thinking about it, it went for their throats just like the bar victim here. Man, and I thought Leland had it bad. I figured Evil Cooper was going to be the main villain considering the way he seemed to be screwing up the order of the Black Lodge, but now I think it's the Glass Box demon. Perhaps that's Evil Cooper's plan? Not just to mess up the order of things, but to do so to release the demon? The young girl from episode 8 is not Sarah, the one with the bug crawling into her? Wait, the bug represented Bob though so that wouldn't make sense. Also, didn't Laura's face get removed at one point and there was a bright light behind it? Sarah's face gets removed and it's one of evil. Damn, mother versus daughter?
            While they clearly came from the same place, whatever that bug was (and I'll let you make your own guesses), it wasn't BOB.

You're not going to get a definitive answer in the show, but The Final Dossier confirms that the girl SPOILERwas indeed Sarah Palmer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7hqPRx2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	4259

Comment

Ah snap! That changes a lot of things and makes for more questions. For instance, it explains why she had visions of Bob and could see things as she's connected to the Black Lodge. It would explain why a Bob-possessed Leland never did anything to Sarah for all the years they were together. Why have Bob / Leland go after Laura though? Why not do it herself? Was Bob only around because Laura was created from the White Lodge? How did anyone know the White Lodge created soul would be born into the union of what came from Leland and Sarah's consummation?

Hmmm, crazy stuff.

Comment

3x15 - Part 15: There's Some Fear In Letting Go
                R.I.P. Log Lady. I'm not so sure that was acting when she broke down over realizing she was dying.

Hot damn, several more pieces are falling into place now! The gas station with the crazy lights in episode 8 is actually a convenience store. It also happens to be the same one Mike talked about in the show as a way to reach the Black Lodge. All the light and electricity sounds make sense now as it's an offshoot of teleportation. I get how it relates (finally) to the power lines and Cooper returning to reality.

Wow, I'm very surprised that we get to see Jeffries. Was that some old recorded dialogue with Bowie or a stand-in? Ha, Jeffries has been in the Black Lodge for so long, he's transformed into a tea kettle. I find that hilarious for whatever reason. Evil Cooper discovers that there's another player on the field: Judy. Turns out he's met her. I'm going out on a limb, but I'm guessing Judy is the entity inhabiting Sarah Palmer. I would say it could be a reference to Major Garland Briggs, but since he's dead, it seems less likely. I'm actually stunned that the Jeffries-mentions-Judy scene from the film plays a role in this. I wish I had seen the movie when it came out because to finally get answers to some of these questions after +25 years would have knocked me over and felt like a reward for never giving up on the show. As it is, it's still cool to see Lynch pick up from the breadcrumbs he left in the film as if time never passed by.

Ha, Evil Cooper kicked the shit out of Richard. Time really is out of whack as Evil Cooper just now sent the Las Vegas text to Diane. When he appears in Twin Peaks, I suppose it won't seem like he teleported as he's been traveling for several days. Oh, and his team took out the Vegas assassins. Good news for Dougie? Seems like Evil Cooper may suspect Audrey is Judy, but I've got my doubts. She seems crazy, but Sarah Palmer and her demon are on a whole other level. Once again, the Audrey stuff seems to nowhere. I'm actually on Charlie's side now. I got a good laugh when he mentioned how sleepy he was. It reminded me of the comments made here.

I wonder where Chet Desmond is? He vanished in the film and, I think,the owl ring was found at the area he was investigating. He could have been transported by the ring, but then the ring shouldn't have been in reality. The power lines and the #6 pole make me think there's a Black Lodge portal there and he got sucked into it. So what has Desmond turned into? Oh snap, is he that radiator in the White Lodge?

Dougie, no! Out of everything that could have snapped some sense into him, it's hearing the name Gordon Cole on TV that urges him to stick a for in the electric socket. Will Agent Cooper emerge? I'm thinking yes since there's only 3 episodes left. Maybe he'll be teleported to Twin Peaks. Here's my theory as to why: In episode 3 (and yes, I had to go back and double check), Cooper walks into that room with the Asian lady and spots an electric socket with the number 3. He goes up the ladder and into outer space. Then he comes back into the room and eventually goes to the electric socket again. Except this time, it has the number 15. The episode in which Dougie plays with an electric socket? 15. Dougie will have existed from episodes 3 to 15 and that's what it was telling or it's saying he'll be transported to his room at the Great Northern Hotel? His room number? 315. It's a theory.

Dang, they almost gave me what I was asking for: a scene between Bobby and James. Once again, James is in jail. I don't think he and Bobby shared any dialogue though. Glove boy nearly killed two people. I'm surprised they bothered to show his strength again after witnessing what he could do to the walnuts in the prior episode.

Damn it, the show has been toying with me about Ed, Norma, and Nadine. The Dr. Amp stuff leads to Nadine letting go of Ed who rushes over to tell Norma. My heart sank when she put him off to talk to the business associate. I can't believe Ed stayed around. I figure he would have been crushed so bad, he would have left. Good for him as it looks like the high school sweethearts are going to end up together. I know the show seems more interested in following the trail of the movie, but Twin Peaks is also about the citizens of the town so it's nice that they get their fair shake in the return.

Weird girl starts screaming in the Roadhouse. Ok. No, really. What else am I supposed to say about that? I did spot Mark Frost as the dog walker in the woods.

Becky's husband is probably dead. Oh well. If that girl really is Donna's younger sister, then what the hell happened to her? I guess that's part of the realism of the show. People can change in the span of a year. Give them 25 years and they can become anything, often subverting your expectations. That seems to be a theme with this season--people (and things) are never the same after a period of time. It just isn't how life works.

Again, another solid episode. Everything feels like it's heading to a conclusion while giving surprise moments along the way. Plus, this is one of the greatest reaction shots in a show where MacLachlan kills it every episode.

Comment

Wow, I'm very surprised that we get to see Jeffries. Was that some old recorded dialogue with Bowie or a stand-in? Ha, Jeffries has been in the Black Lodge for so long, he's transformed into a tea kettle. I find that hilarious for whatever reason. Evil Cooper discovers that there's another player on the field: Judy. Turns out he's met her. I'm going out on a limb, but I'm guessing Judy is the entity inhabiting Sarah Palmer. I would say it could be a reference to Major Garland Briggs, but since he's dead, it seems less likely. I'm actually stunned that the Jeffries-mentions-Judy scene from the film plays a role in this. I wish I had seen the movie when it came out because to finally get answers to some of these questions after +25 years would have knocked me over and felt like a reward for never giving up on the show. As it is, it's still cool to see Lynch pick up from the breadcrumbs he left in the film as if time never passed by.
                  It is a voice actor. Lynch wanted Bowie back for the show, but he too was busy working on his album to do it. Of course, at the time only Bowie knew that he was also very near death. Anyway, what I was surprised to learn was that the voice actor also dubbed his lines in the FWWM flashback in Part 14. When they talked, Bowie gave Lynch his blessing to use the footage of him again but he requested that someone dub his lines. Apparently over the years someone had made fun of his attempt at a Louisiana accent and he felt bad about it, so he asked Lynch to cast somebody from Louisiana in his place. So they did and the guy sounds, well, just like David Bowie doing an accent.

Also, Lynch never clarifies anything about anything, but he's made it a big point of saying that Jeffries isn't really a tea kettle whenever he gets a chance. It's just a machine. Lynch sculpted it and I guess regrets the confusion. I have no idea how he didn't notice that it's obviously a tea kettle, but somehow he didn't.

I'm so looking forward to the reviews of the final three parts!

Comment

Really? I was going to say, the new guy sounded just like Bowie. I was fooled into thinking Lynch had old recorded dialogue and used it in the show.

Yeah, that's a fuckin' tea kettle. I mean, steam comes out from the spout. Crazy Lynch. >_<

It probably won't be until Monday before I get back to the show for the final three. Man, I don't know how you've resisted for so long without giving away spoilers. I don't know that I could've been as diligent. I'm anxious to hear your theories and talk about stuff I've missed. I've already got the urge to rewatch the film and then start through this again just to see what other connections I've missed and how pieces of it make (possibly more) sense.

Comment

I've just chosen my responses very carefully so it hasn't been too hard to avoid spoilers. Actually the funny thing is I could have casually dropped the ending in a post and you'd never have suspected it (but I haven't).

I'd personally recommend that you plan on watching 17 and 18 in one sitting. Part 17 is kind of a point of no return and you're not going to want to wait after you see where it goes. I do think they are intended to be watched together though. Showtime even aired them both back to back on the same night. The last 90 minutes of this are easily among the best work Lynch has ever done but I can't go any further without saying something I shouldn't.

Comment

3x16 - Part 16: No Knock, No Doorbell

:-) ALL

Just like that, Cooper's return as the Twin Peaks theme song kicks in is one of the greatest things in this season after 16 episodes of waiting. I'm so, so glad he remembers his time as Dougie as it doesn't immediately make that portion of the story pointless. Better yet is him asking Mike to make a new Dougie. Only Cooper would be that thoughtful. Hot damn, he's going to Twin Peaks with the Mitchum brothers? Yes! I think they're my favorite new set of characters along with Candy, Mandy, and Sandy.

The tough-as-shit assassins are murdered by the accountant. I never would have guessed that. I actually got worried the Mitchum brothers were screwed when they arrived at Dougie's house along with the two assassins and the F.B.I. agents.

Just to show there was not a single weak point in this entire episode, Audrey's story finally made an impact...it's all in her head! For the first time, I'm genuinely interested in seeing how the Roadhouse scenes figured into her nightmare. I swear someone mentioned she was in a coma in an earlier episode so maybe this is all part of the dream? The return of, literally, Audrey's dance was a nice touch and very creepy with the distortion.

The hype train keeps on rolling as it's finally made clear what happened to Diane to turn her into such a wreck--raped by Evil Cooper. Jeez, now it's understandable why she would want nothing to do with the F.BI.I. Oh, but there's more. She's not the real Diane, but a doppleganger Evil Cooper made. What did Tammy call her? A Tulpa? The real Diane is the stabby-eye-face lady at the sheriff's station in Twin Peaks that Andy rescued. I never saw that one coming! These two pieces of information completely transform the character.

Poor Richard, he's been atomized. From the dialogue, it seems suggested that Evil Cooper is Richard's father. He mentions he's "25 years his senior" and calls him "son". I suppose it could be a figure of speech, but why bother talking like that when he's never done so before? Since Audrey is the mother, this may explain why she's so screwed up. Look at Diane. If I am remembering correctly and Audrey was said to be in a coma, her entire story could be her brain trying to work out the damage she's suffered. That's messed up. Also, was her song playing backwards at the end?

When Jerry came running out of the woods, I thought he was a woodsman. >_< Then when I realized it was Jerry, I thought that maybe his entire story about being lost was finally going to pay off. Eh, it still might, but not right now. I guess he could tell Cooper and the others about what he saw which would direct them to the spot Richard was vaporized. Well, except the coordinates aren't fully accurate so what's the point?

I absolutely lover how everything seems to be falling into place for the remaining two episodes while delivering such epic moments.

Comment

Comment

For a second there, I thought that was a moment in the next episode. Then I finally remembered it's from early in the season. Was it the first episode? The Giant / Fireman tells Cooper to watch out for Richard and Linda, 430 (I think), and two birds with one stone. Or something like that. Richard as in Richard Horne? Eh, doesn't seem likely at this point. Richard's gone...

...kind of makes it pointless if he really was Evil Cooper's kid. I guess there's the ramifications it had on Audrey, but that remains to be seen. Richard himself is just not all that important in the grand scheme of things it would appear.

Comment

Yeah, it's from the beginning of the first part... Well, that's when it was shown to us anyway.

Something I still haven't quite figured out, but there's a lot of speculation on, is Cooper's FBI pin - when he's wearing it and when he isn't. Notice he wasn't wearing it there. Obviously it was missing during his whole time as Dougie, as Dougie wearing the FBI pin would be a huge red flag that nobody could have ignored. But since it's also missing in that scene with the Fireman, could that moment have actually taken place right before he woke up? Or just a coincidence?

Comment

You mean after he jams the knife in the socket and is placed in a coma? That could work. He does seem to have a plan of action when he wakes up. I don't remember if that scene with the Fireman continues with Cooper trying to leave the Black Lodge or not. I want to say it doesn't, but it's been a while since I saw. I want to go back and check it out again, but maybe I'll hold off until after the next two episodes. Two more episodes for the Chet Desmond to reappear!...

.....he's not going to be mentioned let alone return, is he? (you don't have to answer that)

Comment

Working...
                                X