No announcement yet.

Welcome to Twin Peaks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like I should enjoy a character that talks like he's from The Godfather and styles himself after Marlon Brando in The Wild One, but I can't do it. I call it the "Cera factor".
    People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

I saw a lot of people online making a big deal about Cera playing the character, but I have to admit I had no idea who he was. Still don't really. If Wally is any indication, I probably don't want to know.

Comment

You never saw Arrested Development? I think he was in Superbad also. Know what else he's in? Molly's Game. I watched that this evening (it was enjoyable) and fuckin' Cera shows up in it. I can't escape Wally Brando. >_<
        People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

LOL, no. I have no clue what any of that is. Hey, Superbad sounds like a cool Blaxploitation flick... *checks google* ...it's not.

This thread is making me really want to revisit Season 3. It's only been a month since my last viewing but I think I'm ready to do it again.

Comment

I never saw the fourth season, but the first three seasons of Arrested Development were good stuff.

........yeah, I have nothing new to add to the Twin Peaks discussion at this moment. >_<

Comment

Watch more!

I'm completely ignorant about tv shows in general. I couldn't name a single one. People always try to talk to me about them and I just kind of give a blank stare back.

Comment

Originally posted by sagittarius View Post
                Watch more!

I'm completely ignorant about tv shows in general. I couldn't name a single one. People always try to talk to me about them and I just kind of give a blank stare back.
                Twilight Zone? I understand today's shows, but the classics?

Probably no more Twin Peaks until Monday.

Comment

I was mainly referring to today's shows, but yeah, I'm not much into tv in general. At best it's background noise for me. I'm aware of the Twilight Zone of course, but I don't think I've ever actually seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by sagittarius View Post
                    I was mainly referring to today's shows, but yeah, I'm not much into tv in general. At best it's background noise for me. I'm aware of the Twilight Zone of course, but I don't think I've ever actually seen it.
                    I know it seems dated to many, but it's probably my favorite television show. So many of the themes and core elements of the stories still hold up.

Comment

So I was watching the video I posted earlier of the Chromatics and just noticed that the guitar player is wearing the insignia ring. O_o

Comment

About older TV shows in general, the upside is that you often see some actors in unusual places.

For example, David Hayward (Van Nuys Blvd.) shows up in Charlie's Angels season 4 episode 10 - "Angels on Campus". The episode aired the the same year as Blvd. so he looks as if he simply walked over from one set to the other.

Two episodes later in "Of Ghosts and Angels", Robin Mattson (Bonnie's Kids) guest stars.

I'm not saying go out and watch Charlie's Angels, but there are perks to older television shows. The later seasons got stupid, but I'll defend the first season of the show. It took many exploitation stories of the time and used them. For example, there's an episode where the girls go undercover at a "happy ending" massage parlor to break up the racket and another where it's a women-in-prison story with Mary Woronov as the lesbian warden. The first season had that harder edge. By season five, you have Pamela Pinciotti trying to stop mastermind Christopher Lee in Hawaii. Shit got strange.

Comment

I don't like to admit to this publicly, but the one tv show I really dig is Beverly Hills 90210. I'm only admitting to that here because Chooch showed up for a memorable run there as well, and even then he looked exactly the same.

Also, Robin Mattson was so cute.

Comment

I think it's an unspoken rule that if Chooch appears on a television show, it's ok to admit to watching it. Like, if Chooch showed up on American Idol, I'd watch that shit.

Speaking of Robin Mattson, I thought Candy Snatchers was supposed to come out last year (I know, she has nothing to do with it).

Comment

Had Robin been in The Candy Snatchers I might have liked it more. I found that one really dull and never felt the need to revisit it. I think I sold the dvd after watching it once.

Looks like Teenage Hitchhikers is still coming. Bill is working on extras so I don't think it will get dumped on some random disc with a bunch of other movies. So that's encouraging at least.

But anyway...

Remember 430. Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.

Comment

I still haven't seen it. I don't want to hunt down the OOP DVD since it was considered for a BD release at one point. I guess poor sales of Bonnie's Kids / The Roommates probably stopped that.

Sweet! Now watch half of the movie be out of sync. >_<

4:30? But it's only 3:40 right now. Richard and Linda? I thought Paul married Linda and then guest starred on The Simpsons? Ohhhh, you're talking Twin Peaks again! I got confused with the Random Thoughts topic for a moment. You'd think I would just delete the above, but, yeah, laziness.

Ok, so to stay on topic, I have a theory....."the past is the future". I'm thinking time travel shenanigans are going to occur considering we've already seen moments of time having little meaning. Also, are the Chromatics part of the Black Lodge since the guitar player has the ring?

Also, I showed the return of James to a friend of mine just to have her hear Shelly say "James was always cool" and I noticed there's some kid with him that has a green glove or cast on. I don't know what it means, but it's either there just to be weird or it's there for something later.

Comment

Working...
                                X