Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halloween III Road Trip 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Halloween III Road Trip 2019

    It's almost time, kids. The clock is ticking.

    I'm flying down to Louisiana in June of 2019. I'm gonna grab a board member or two and we are going to road trip to California to Santa Mira, California.

    Who else wants to see the Silver Shamrock factory?

    It's more of a road trip than anything else. Don't expect much interest, but it's worth a shot; put some feelers out there.

  • #2
    That would be cool. Wish I could do it.
    Firm Believer in the Philosophy of a Ruling Class.
    Because I rule!

    Comment


    • #3
      If only I lived stateside. I know I'm in the minority but I love Season of the Witch.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think a lot of people these days appreciate Season of the Witch. IMO, a lot of the original backlash was the lack of Myers.

        There is nothing concrete about this, but yes. I've been thinking we might try to add other horror locations out west, but it is not entirely my call to make. It's probably three days of driving out west, and we could add a site or two... the hills have eyes... hell, maybe even the Grand Canyon. I don't know.

        Visiting Friday the 13th sites is kind of out the question. Most the people I know here live out west and or south. Most of the F13 movies were filmed in the northeast? I could be wrong.

        One last thing... I may have posted this somewhere else.
        I was watching 'Casino' a couple weeks back when I saw a familiar face. I was like.... "that dude was an android in Halloween III..." I was right, but did not realize it was Dick Warlock. He may have been in another Halloween movie.... played some minor character....

        Comment


        • #5
          At least parts of Pt 2 was shot in Connecticut- I'm planning a trip out there in a couple of years with the family, and my other half wants to see where Gilmore Girls was filmed... and one of the locations was used for both.

          Comment


          • #6
            With some of these films, it's nearly impossible to go back. Didn't they move the original Myers home from Halloween 1 (I believe Melfetter/Melanie Jarvis from the older boards had this information; I lost her old website info) and the original Sawyer TCM 1 home was moved as well? Friday the 13th part 3; the original barn is a bunch of sticks (if it hasn't fallen already), the water dried up, and the cabin burned down. I'd love to see what part 2's "Haddonfield" hospital looks like now. Bet they employ more than 4 or 5 staff members... (was that not the least staffed hospital in horror movie history?).

            Regardless, I look forward to seeing any horror related sites out there. I did TCM 2... but it was BEFORE the movie was shot there (doesn't really count). The Ward was filmed in my hometown, but that was a shit movie.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just reread the thread title. 2019? I MiGHT be able to make this happen.
              Firm Believer in the Philosophy of a Ruling Class.
              Because I rule!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sickboy View Post
                At least parts of Pt 2 was shot in Connecticut- I'm planning a trip out there in a couple of years with the family, and my other half wants to see where Gilmore Girls was filmed... and one of the locations was used for both.
                I only know the Paramount films, but I think it's:

                1 - New Jersey
                2 - Connecticut
                3, 4, & 5 - California
                6 - Georgia
                7- Alabama
                8 - Vancouver & NYC (barely)

                Originally posted by Monkey View Post
                With some of these films, it's nearly impossible to go back. Didn't they move the original Myers home from Halloween 1 (I believe Melfetter/Melanie Jarvis from the older boards had this information; I lost her old website info) and the original Sawyer TCM 1 home was moved as well? Friday the 13th part 3; the original barn is a bunch of sticks (if it hasn't fallen already), the water dried up, and the cabin burned down. I'd love to see what part 2's "Haddonfield" hospital looks like now. Bet they employ more than 4 or 5 staff members... (was that not the least staffed hospital in horror movie history?).

                Regardless, I look forward to seeing any horror related sites out there. I did TCM 2... but it was BEFORE the movie was shot there (doesn't really count). The Ward was filmed in my hometown, but that was a shit movie.
                The Myers house moved, but it's right up the street from the original location. I believe it's a dentist office now. The Chainsaw house moved to a different city and is now operating as a restaurant.

                I have no idea why I know all this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That original Melanie Jarvis blog is here: http://horrorchic.blogspot.co.uk/2008/10/in-lieu-of-halloween-season.html

                  I think the she also covered the Chainsaw house too.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thank you for posting that. I noticed she hasn't posted anything since 2012. Life moves on.
                    Also, I forgot all about Choko.

                    Anybody know of any horror movies filmed in the southwestern U.S. off the top of their head? I'll research eventually.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sod the Southwestern US- the UK is where the best places are. We have actual castles and shit. You yanks should just fly over here!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Should have mentioned they're running some more Camp Crystal Lake tours:

                        https://www.pophorror.com/spend-the-...nd-this-april/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Monkey View Post
                          Thank you for posting that. I noticed she hasn't posted anything since 2012. Life moves on.
                          Also, I forgot all about Choko.

                          Anybody know of any horror movies filmed in the southwestern U.S. off the top of their head? I'll research eventually.
                          Here's a quick few:

                          The Fog (1980)
                          Antonio Bay is really Point Reyes, California. It's about 40 miles north of San Francisco.
                          The lighthouse is at Point Reyes.
                          The church is located in Altadena, California.
                          The grocery store shown during the opening credits is located on Laurel Canyon Blvd in Los Angeles, California.
                          The gas station shown during the opening credits is located on San Fernando Valley, California.
                          The shots of scenery after the event in Sandy’s house during the opening credits were taken on Bear Valley Road in Olema, California.
                          The introduction scene of Mrs. Williams, with Sandy, was filmed at Olema, California.
                          The townspeople and the mayor all together was filmed in the parking lot of a restaraunt called Jerry’s Farmhouse in Olema, California.
                          The scene of Andy on the beach during the day was shot at Drakes Beach located in Point Reyes, California.
                          Stevie Wayne’s house was located on Tomale’s Bay in Point Reyes, California.
                          The scene of Nick and Elizabeth at the docks and inquiring about the Sea Grass was filmed at Bodega Bay, California which is a location where The Birds was shot along with at Drakes Beach.
                          Nick and Elizabeth heading towards the Sea Grass while on Ashecroft’s boat was filmed at San Pedro Harbor in California.
                          The scene with Nick and Elizabeth along with the coroner and body of Dick Baxter was filmed in a clinic located in San Fernando, California. Ok, that doesn't tell much.
                          Shots of Sandy and Mrs. Williams driving towards the church to avoid the fog were filmed on Mulholland Drive in Los Angeles, California. Later, some of the shots alternate between Altadena and Olema.

                          Halloween II
                          The Veteran’s Hospital at Van Nuys, California was used for the exterior shots of the hospital location.
                          One of the hospitals used to acquire interior shots from was in Pasadena, California.
                          Laurie bumping into Mr. Garrett’s body, with him being strung up in the air, while running away from Michael may have been filmed at Lincoln Heights Gym* (Cliff Emmich / Mr. Garrett is a little unsure of his memory).

                          Halloween: H20
                          Filmed at El Monte, California.

                          Phantasm
                          Mostly filmed around Oakland and Los Angeles, CA.
                          The cemetery and exterior mausoleum were filmed on the grounds of the Dunsmuir Hellman Estate at 2960 Peralta Oaks Court in Oakland.
                          Ice cream store is at 1824 West Main Street, Alhambra, California.
                          The Dunes Cantina is at 16232 Pacific Coast Highway, Huntington Beach, California.

                          I'd love to participate in this, but I'm in a "wait and see" mode. I'm going to have some major life changes happening near the end of this year / beginning of next so everything is so uncertain. Plus, I have a family member that wanted to take a trip to California after I graduate and we've been talking about it off and on. It would seem incredibly rude to ditch them for a different California experience. Who knows how things will change though.


                          People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Saw a lot of castles in CHURmany... especially the Rhine river. Would love to see the place they filmed Downton Abbey, though.
                            Thanks for the info, Chex. It's weird that they use so many locations for just one building sometimes...

                            I always remember the main house from "Motel Hell" because it looks like an elaborate Taco Bell from the 80s. Skye and I were watching Pumpkinhead II and the house made another appearance. It's in another obscure horror movie or two. I wish I could remember my electronics/instrumentation as much as random, dumb trivial shit.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Monkey View Post
                              Saw a lot of castles in CHURmany... especially the Rhine river. Would love to see the place they filmed Downton Abbey, though.
                              Thanks for the info, Chex. It's weird that they use so many locations for just one building sometimes...

                              I always remember the main house from "Motel Hell" because it looks like an elaborate Taco Bell from the 80s. Skye and I were watching Pumpkinhead II and the house made another appearance. It's in another obscure horror movie or two. I wish I could remember my electronics/instrumentation as much as random, dumb trivial shit.
                              Now that you say that, I can see it. O_o
                              People hyping up latest comic book movie to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen Bigfoot rip off a man's dick before in 1980's Night of the Demon."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X