Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January/february chat

Hi all --

I miss watching movies every Saturday night a great deal and I wonder if we can start from where we have left off.

I will be busy until January 8, but it would be amazing if Skye and others could start planning/choosing potential titles for us to watch together every Saturday night.

So glad that we have this brand new website and that we can chat again!!

I'm in! We can schedule in advance on this site too (need to remember to teach Skye to use that feature) so there's nothing stopping us throwing some in ahead of time.

Comment

I think I'll be around this Saturday evening at 10PM Central if anyone's interested in watching something or even just popping into chat, but chat will officially resume Jan. 6th.

Comment

I can make that I think. What we watching?

Comment

My mom came visit me (yay); I'll be with her until the 8th.

Comment

It's been a while since I've watched a Halloween film - how about Curse of Michael Myers?

Comment

I'm thinking that to start, we can make our way through the classic franchises: Halloween, Friday the 13th, ANoES, Child's Play, etc. with fill-ins to round out extra Saturdays during the month. July will always be Jaws/shark month, however, so whatever franchise we're working our way through at that time will be put on hold.

Thoughts?

Comment

I would like to see some input from others. Suggestions, a recent release to video, a hidden gem on netflix/amazon/hulu, a classic, etc. I would like to see more buy-in/influence from members. Get more variety and participation from the board. I'm easy when it comes to horror flicks.

On that note, I would like to see Happy Death Day in late January; it will be available on January 2 (digitally) and January 16 (Blu/DVD). I have been holding it off to see it with Skye & Westin. Groundhog Day meets horror. What's not to love?

Comment

The problem with the original system that worked a lot like what Monkey is suggesting was that a lot of hard-to-find & obscure movies were being nominated/selected, so people weren't showing up for them.

With that being said, I'm 100% open for input & film suggestions from others. Happy Death Day is a great choice; I missed it in theaters and have been wanting to see it.

Comment

As far as suggestions go, I feel I have watched everything & only watch what is on Netflix these days.

I do think we should find new movies for July, as we have seen "Jaws I, II, III, IV" way too many times. Perhaps, "The Shallows," "The Reefs," "Black Water," "Anaconda," etc.

Comment

Here's another one I'd like to see soon, Jan/Feb if possible.
                      Black Sheep (2006)

Not the one with Chris Farley.
                      A description: An experiment in genetic engineering turns harmless sheep into bloodthirsty killers that terrorize a sprawling New Zealand farm.

How did I miss this movie?!?

Comment

I am in the mood for watching the new IT.

Comment

Ok, so how about Jan 13th: IT

Jan 20th: Black Sheep

Jan 27th: Happy Death Day

We can work out February's films closer to then.

Comment

Works for me! What is Black Sheep about?

Comment

February's movies have been posted!

Comment

Working...
                              X