Horror Blu Rays & DVDs discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horror Blu Rays & DVDs discussion

So at this point, this is the best I can hope for at a reasonable price for getting the series on BD?
    Amazon.com: Friday The 13th The Ultimate Collection [Blu-ray]: Friday the 13th: Movies & TV

Yep, that's it other than spending hundreds of dollars on the tin set from a few years ago. Be aware that the set you linked to only contains the Paramount films (1-8). Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X are only in the tin set so you would either have to spring for it, import the BD for another region (and only one or two regions, I think), or stick with the DVDs. Also, Jason Goes to Hell in the tin set only contains the R-rated cut which, personally, I find pointless.

I was in the same position as you, Hoody. I missed out on the tin set and jumped at this. Sold off my DVDs of 1-8 to a local place and covered the cost of the new BD set. Oh, the discs in this new set are also the exact same as in the tin set.
    People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

I don't consume physical media anymore (I have opted for a more minimalist lifestyle and I already have enough DVDs to occupy two full boxes), but I fell in love with "American Horror Story" and I will buy at least my favorite three seasons on Blu-ray.

Comment

I don't blame anyone for not going the physical media route which probably sounds like heresy to say. It's cheaper and you can save on space. I dig extras and I like the ability to watch whatever I have whenever. Also, there's no telling just when something will be taken down from a stream site.

Ok, I'll bite.....which 3 seasons are they?
        People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

I have to say I am a physical media junkie. Right on about the extras.

Comment

Same here. I have approx 1200 movies (vhs, DVD, Blu Ray) and wouldn’t sell them for anything. I love being able to hold something in my hand and say, “I own this.”

Comment

Yep.. I collect DVD, VHS, vinyl albums and movie posters. I'm 46 now and a couple of years ago I found a Friday the 13th Part 3 3D poster in my closet from when I was a kid. I gave it away to a childhood friend who said he always wanted it from back then and now I wish I would have kept it. LOL At least it has a good home now. Prices on original movie posters of cool films from the 70's and 80's have really skyrocketed in recent years and there are many on e-bay that I want but are just too expensive for me. These days I just buy reproductions of my favorites.

Comment

Oh man, you're not kidding! I'd love to own some original movie posters from that time to hang up in my media room, but they're usually too costly. I do have one original which is The Fall of the House of Usher with Vincent Price. I have a couple of posters from Thailand of films like John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness which may or may not be original. They're such an odd size and the material is worn, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a replica. Though they're not original, I do have several foreign replicas hanging up:

Comment

Yes! The foreign posters are always so cool.. I love the nightmare on elm street one. Very Nice!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	thriller.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	947Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	945Click image for larger version

Name:	gbu.jpg
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	946
                    These are some originals that are on my wish list but probably will never happen

Comment

Those are some awesome posters, Chex. I, too, especially like the “Nightmare” one.

Comment

Thanks! Here's a quick online photo grab of the foreign poster I have for Prince of Darkness:

Pleasence is so badass, he appears on it twice. It's such a goofy design, but it at least it has something going for it unlike the American artwork.

Originally posted by Mrmojo View Post
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	thriller.jpg Views:	1 Size:	104.1 KB ID:	947Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	1 Size:	73.3 KB ID:	945Click image for larger version  Name:	gbu.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.6 KB ID:	946
                        These are some originals that are on my wish list but probably will never happen
                        I never knew I needed a poster of Thriller until now. >_<

I watched Ms .45 this evening. I'd love to have a poster on my wall of the Blu-ray artwork. Oh, and a poster of Savage Streets. May as well toss up that poster of Thriller. Maybe put them up on my hallway. Turn it into a hallway of women's revenge or something.

Comment

Dude I love Ms 45... After I watch it that song with the horn playing in the end is stuck in my head for a week after. I was trying to think of some other rape revenge flicks that have the greatness of Ms 45 and Thriller but I'm stuck. Of course, I Spit On Your Grave is the one most people think of but I personally would not want that one on my wall as it some how lacks the class the other two have.

Comment

Yes! That's exactly what's been happening to me today. I've been humming that damn trumpet bit from the end song of Ms .45 all day today. Hmmm, other rape / revenge flick posters. The victim isn't doing the revenge, but Death Wish rules.

Since this is the blu-ray and DVD topic, here's something I had no idea was re-released:

I still have the original flipper set. Last I checked, Black Friday plays until the halfway mark and then freezes up. From what I saw of it, I don't know that I care to see the rest. I'd pick up the new set, but it lacks Murders in the Rue Morgue, one of Bela and Universals' best.

Comment

Some good deals right now at Vinegar Syndrome. Malibu High is only $12.99. I was really hoping My Chauffeur would be on sale, but oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X