Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to

Comment

Dang I phone Let me start over. I would love to read the book and there are several others That became movies I am also interested in. I think Benchley wrote Jaws, The Deep and The Island which I am interested in. There is a mercenary film called The Wild Geese, which is a favorite of mine, that I have wanted to read for ever also.

Comment

I don't think there will ever be a time that I don't love this film. I love the ambiguity of the ending, the score, the cinematography - everything. I love that since it's release it's gained a much larger audience than originally showed up back in '82. Having seen it many times over the years I have very fond memories of my first viewings of it, first as a VHS rental from Blockbuster & then a viewing on Sci-Fi Channel, afterward I bought the old non-anamorphic 1998 Collector's Edition DVD. I've yet to pick up the Scream Factory Blu-ray but it's on my list for imminent acquisition.
        "We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." -- Andrew Clark, The Breakfast Club (1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmojo View Post
          Dang I phone Let me start over. I would love to read the book and there are several others That became movies I am also interested in. I think Benchley wrote Jaws, The Deep and The Island which I am interested in. There is a mercenary film called The Wild Geese, which is a favorite of mine, that I have wanted to read for ever also.
          I wouldn't bother with Jaws - Spielberg famously said that when he read the book he disliked the characters so much he wanted the shark to win, and having finished it I can see why.

Comment

Just watching The Void (2016) and it's such a Thing tribute. Got a great vibe to it, feels so 80s. Highly recommend it.

Comment

Just started reading 'Who Goes There?" School work is kicking my ass these days. So busy.

The board game seems to be a hell of a lot of fun. I've opened it up and studied the game play.

Outpost 31 (The Thing) is for 4-8 players. One person starts out as infected (if 7 or 8 play, maybe 2). You have to go on missions to beat the game.
              If you're human, the main goal is to escape. If you're an imitation, you try to sabotage missions, destroy rooms, or get on the escape helicopter.
              There are basically 3 stages to the game.
              Stage 1: collect rope and beat a stage 1 thing.
              Stage 2: collect dynamite and beat a stage 2 thing (harder to do based on dice rolls)
              Stage 3: collect flamethrower and beat two stage 3 things.
              ....after stage 1 and stage 2... you pass out blood cards and another player can become infected. :O
              ESCAPE!

If you fail too many missions, four rooms of the complex are destroyed, or escape with an imitation in the helicopter.... the humans lose. The game is all about deduction. Haven't played it yet, though.

I can't wait to watch this again next month. It's been a few years.

Comment

Also, Rich... Who goes there? is only about 160 pages. The type is a little big and it seems they double spaced. So, if you read any of the Game of Thrones or Stephen King novels.... it's like 80 pages of that. Should only take you about 1-3 hours to read. Should show up for Thing trivia next month...

Comment

Going to throw in more prizes.

Have a horror movie collection and the "Cult of Chucky" on Blu-Ray for the first viewing (The Thing 2011)

And finally....

For The Thing (1982) showing, the winner of trivia not only gets the excellent "Infection at Outpost 31/The Thing" board game, but you also get to be killed by Jason.

If you win The Thing trivia game, not only do you win the extremely awesome board game, I will draw you getting killed by Jason Voorhees.

The winner:
                  1. Send me a picture of yourself
                  2. Specify which version of Jason you want to kill you
                  3. Specify how you want to die

Looking forward to a large audience for the movie. The more the merrier.

I hope to see a lot of people there (The Thing '82). It's like, the best movie ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
                    Also, Rich... Who goes there? is only about 160 pages. The type is a little big and it seems they double spaced. So, if you read any of the Game of Thrones or Stephen King novels.... it's like 80 pages of that. Should only take you about 1-3 hours to read. Should show up for Thing trivia next month...
                    I'll be working out of another of our depots for 2-3 days a week over the next couple of months so I should have plenty of reading (and writing!) time. I've got it in the queue with a load of other stuff. I'll try to make Thing trivia - pesky timezone is the main reason I don't come to these things.

Comment

We played three games of "Infection at Outpost 31" tonight (a.k.a. The Thing board game).

The Infected: 3
                      Humans: 0

It's hard to win the game as humans. We had five players and it just seems that the infected have the advantage. Maybe with 6 or 7 people?

After we played the game, we had to watch the 1982 movie.
                      John Carpenter was on his game. The ensemble cast. Rob Bottin's special effects. I just want a sequel before I die...

Comment

Working...
                      X