Nightmare City Remake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare City Remake?

I am a huge fan of NIghtmare City (1980) and love most of Umberto Lenzi's films. Is anyone else here a fan and does anyone here know any current information on the remake? It is supposed to involve Lenzi and Tom Savini but I cannot find any recent information on it. I am not a big fan of remakes, with a few exceptions such as The Thing (1982) but I am curious about this one.

Last I heard was what was mentioned in the production's website back in August.
    People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

How am I just finding out about this movie?
      Does the original (1980) start at an airport? Amazon Prime has this movie listed twice (1980 & 1983) and there are two titles for it. Italian 80s zombie movies must have at least two names, I suppose. It's the law. The original movie had an interesting concept. If the Walking Dead had Nightmare City-style zombies, the show would have been over around episode 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
        How am I just finding out about this movie?
        Does the original (1980) start at an airport? Amazon Prime has this movie listed twice (1980 & 1983) and there are two titles for it. Italian 80s zombie movies must have at least two names, I suppose. It's the law. The original movie had an interesting concept. If the Walking Dead had Nightmare City-style zombies, the show would have been over around episode 3.
        Yep, that's it. It's also on Youtube. That would be a fun movie chat sometime.
        People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

Monkey, Nightmare City (1980) is amazing. It has some of the most bizarre and outlandish scenes anyone could ask for in an Italian zombie flick. And get this: The main character is played by a Mexican actor named "Hugo Stiglitz" and that's where Quentin Tarintino got the name for his character in Inglorious Basterds. I can watch it over and over.

Here is a link to a great scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FtlYsEcdtE
          Last edited by Mrmojo; 01-21-2018, 04:18 AM.

Comment

They haven't updated anything in over a year, but the last thing posted indicated they were still seeking out financing. Evidently they had no intention of shooting the remake on tbe 138k they raised from crowdsourcing; instead they're using it as "seed money" to promote the project and get a bigger budget.

My guess is that they've already blown all those funds and the project is dead.,

Comment

If you are correct that's sad news indeed! I was looking forward to this one.

Comment

Working...
              X