Halloween (2018)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chex View Post
    Considering all the hype about Castle returning to the role, I figured he would play more prominently in the overall story. I didn't expect him to do any of the dangerous stuff, but there should be more of Michael stalking people than outright slashing, something Castle could do just fine. Maybe it won't matter much in the final product, I guess. 7 months to go!
    See, I kind of feel like we were intentionally misled there. All that hype and in the end it's just going to be another oversized stuntman? That's never worked out well for them in the past. It just seems like the whole project is a bunch of half-assed fan service to me. But then, I'm probably not their target audience. I'd be fine if Halloween never had a sequel (though I do love Season of the Witch).
    Last edited by sagittarius; 03-31-2018, 05:35 AM.

Comment

A little mention about the mask.

Seasoned SFX maestro Christopher Nelson, whose credits span American Horror Story to Avengers: Infinity War, has offered up some new intel regarding Halloween and, more specifically, the iconic mask worn by Michael Myers.

Ever since its first appearance 40 years ago, that pale, ghost-like disguise has become a true cornerstone of the horror genre, fuelling more nightmares than we’d care to admit. And though David Gordon Green has made a conscious effort to honor Halloween‘s legacy – the ensemble cast, the spooky setting…you name it – Nelson stressed that Michael’s mask is beginning to show signs of wear and tear – fitting, really, given the movie takes place a full 40 years after its predecessor.

Via Halloween News Daily:
      The film takes place 40 years later, so you’re not going to have that same mask, it’s not going to be this pristine, beautiful thing that it was in 1978. You have to approach it from that standpoint. I had 40-year-old masks that I studied and looked at how they broke down, how they wrinkled, how they did this and how they did that. I also took into account the context of the film. Where is the mask now and where has it been for these 40 years? Without revealing anything, I took that into context. I had hundreds of photos and books.

Yes, that old and tattered William Shatner mask really is the stuff of legend, so it should come as no surprise that Christopher Nelson and his team have introduced some updates ahead of 2018’s Halloween sequel. But don’t worry; it’ll still have the power to strike fear in us all.

Nelson continued:
      I mostly really wanted to capture that feeling you got when you saw Michael Myers. I was also talking to [director] David [Gordon Green] about how we were going to shoot it, and being very careful about it, very strategic about it, looking back at [original film director John] Carpenter and [director of photography] Dean Cundey and how they did that. That’s how I approached the mask.

Halloween haunts Haddonfield on October 19th, so batten down the hatches in preparation of Michael Myers and his cat-like reflexes.
      Source.

Also, "batten down the hatches"? Pirate Myers is coming to town? Is he traveling with Captain Morgan?
      People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

This is what the original mask looks like now:

Click image for larger version

Name:	qG6GnHC.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	1275

Comment

It better look like that or I'm calling shenanigans.

I guess the original mask still being worn by Michael is another nail in the "ignoring part 2" coffin considering it was melting by the time the credits rolled.
          People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

The mask should be a bit burned due to the explosion/fire we see in Halloween 2.

Anyhow, I like everything I have read about this movie so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Westin View Post
              The mask should be a bit burned due to the explosion/fire we see in Halloween 2.

Anyhow, I like everything I have read about this movie so far.
              The new film is ignoring all the sequels.

Oh, unless you meant as in it should be burned because the mask was used in part 2. I'm sure they got a stand-in mask for that shot.

Comment

Apparently, Jason Blum saw a cut of the film 2-3 days ago and he's pretty excited about it. That's not saying much, but I'm still hopeful the film will be good. Besides, the bar isn't very high for it to fall somewhere in the middle of the series.

Comment

Blumhouse has revealed the first poster for the highly anticipated sequel Halloween 2018. The new film will act as a soft reboot of sorts and will ignore every other movie in the series apart from the original. The latest Halloween movie picks up the story of Laurie Strode (Jamie Lee Curtis) 40 years after the events of the original film. Laurie will have to fight to save her family when Michael suddenly reappears decades later to gain revenge.

Halloween 2018 will be released in time to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the original, which has been credited with kickstarting the slasher subgenre. The movie will reunite key players from the original Halloween, including Jamie Lee Curtis, John Carpenter – who will executive produce and compose the score – and Nick Castle, who played Michael in the film. Castle will actually share the Myers role in Halloween 2018; he will play the character in a couple of scenes, while actor James Jude Courtney plays Michael for the bulk of the movie.

It was recently revealed that Michael would be wearing his original mask in Halloween 2018 and that it would look appropriately decayed after 4 decades. Now Blumhouse has revealed a teaser poster for the movie, offering a first look at Michael’s weathered mask:

The mask looks suitably eerie, and the aged look just adds to the creepiness. Michael wearing a ragged version of his original mask was also a plot point used in Rob Zombie’s Halloween movies. In that version of the story, it’s the same mask he wore when he killed his family as a boy, and once he escapes the asylum as an adult he returns to his old house to dig it up. He also wears it in Halloween II, where it’s decayed to the point where half his face is exposed.

A recent rumor suggested the new movie could be titled Halloween H40, but this was quickly debunked by Blumhouse. Some fans are a little upset the movie will ignore other entries in the series but given that there are now 3 or 4 separate timelines in the franchise, it became a necessary evil. The series also hasn’t had a genuinely great sequel in a long time, but with the talent involved with Halloween 2018, it could just be the best in the franchise since the original. Even producer Jason Blum is fanboying out over the movie and recently praised it after screening the first cut of Halloween 2018.

Screenrant.com

Comment

I thought it was going to ignore all of the events except those from the original AND part II.

Now, I don't know how I feel about the brother x sister angle being erased.

Comment

I'm with you Anderson. I felt like the brother-sister connection was probably the best reveal (Vader - Luke, Michael - Laurie... forever) and made the story memorable (also drove all subsequent plots forward). However... the kid in me likes Halloween II, the realist in me says ditch it.

Halloween II; I love it, but come on. Myers was straight up BBQ at the end of the sequel. There is no way in hell he could come back from that. No sign of a rescue or fire department in sight. If Halloween II is not discredited, then the killer in Halloween (2018) can simply not be Michael Myers.

Makes sense, too. Even the X-men franchise be all like "Halloweens gots too many timelines."
                      What's one more timeline???

Then again...
                      Michael did take six bullets to the head at the end of the original movie. huh.

Eh, screw the realist in me. None of this shit makes sense. Forget I posted.

Comment

I, for one, am glad the family angle between Michael and Laurie is finally getting thrown out.
                        I always felt the original worked better because Michael saw her on his old property and became obsessed with her.
                        I think it's more unnerving to not understanding what it was that drew him to her and caused him to do what he did.
                        The reveal in the sequel that they were related began to feel like a cop-out the older I got.
                        If a reason was needed in sequels the overall story could have been given far more depth by tying the psychology of obsession into it.

Comment

Well, as long as you can accept Laurie abandoning her own first child (a plot hole), it is possible to follow Halloween 1 through Resurrection (no matter how bad Resurrection is).

Comment

If you just gotta read a description of the trailer that was shown at CinemaCon, here you go: Link.

Comment

Working...
                            X