Nightmare on Elm Street: Return to Elm Street

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare on Elm Street: Return to Elm Street

A fan of the NOES franchise is using social media (rather impressively) to gain attention from NewLine and the WB. His goal: to direct the new NOES movie. He has been making headlines with his trailer --below:

Westin, the guy has done 3 trailers for this. Make sure you check them all out.
    Firm Believer in the Philosophy of a Ruling Class.
    Because I rule!

Comment

Originally posted by Rivers13 View Post
      Westin, the guy has done 3 trailers for this. Make sure you check them all out.
      I did. Not a fan. The trailers follow the same aesthetic of the remake. The script seems to blend the premise of the remake with the FN episode "It is my party and you'll die if I want you to."

I am impressed by the huge amount of work that these guys have done and by the fact that they have gone viral and appeared on TV. As far as I know, no NOES fan went as far as these guys did and I admire that they want to capture the attention of the WB and direct a new NOES movie.

Comment

The new aesthetic seems to be what New Line insists on, unfortunately. When the developers of Dead By Daylight wrangled the rights to use Freddy in the game, he ended up being based on the remake and Quentin was the included survivor character. It really stands out when you compare them to Michael and Laurie, who are clearly pulled from the original Halloween films rather than Zombie's most recent efforts.

I'd like for them to shoot for a fresh aesthetic next time -- there's a bit too much of the traditional Platinum Dunes style about Nightmare '10 -- but at this point I'll be surprised if we even get a new one before 2020.
        "How do you turn this off, then?"

Comment

Working...
        X