Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Me with the Name of this Horror Movie!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me with the Name of this Horror Movie!

So you saw a horror movie and you want to know the title... that's what this thread is about.

With search engines and data mining the way it is today, it's becoming increasingly easy to find the movie you're looking for.

Unfortunately, with so many generic, similar movies out there, it may be difficult to find what you're looking for. Maybe a member can help? The more information you can provide, the better. I spent a lot of time looking for an obscure flick this past week... I thought it was Asian in origin (Korean or Japanese).... turns out it was Mexican. That little detail would have saved me a lot of time (Here Comes the Devil, btw).

Historically, forum/board members have been fairly successful in solving the mystery (more solved than not).

Here's my own little mystery....

I'm looking for a movie where:
    The killer lives in a large apartment building.
    The antagonist somehow breaks into their apartment; possibly through the murderer's balcony
    The antagonist knows it's the killer from some clue, I believe it's the killer's shoes.
    I think the movie was made in the 70s, perhaps the early 80s.

There may be a blind woman involved.... the killer wasn't successful in killing her somehow but he may have killed her dog? He was in her kitchen, standing real close to her and yet she barely misses him (maybe she's cooking something)... she called out to the doggy... (and this point... this may be another movie altogether from the one I'm describing in all the points above).

Anybody know what movie(s) I'm referring to??? I

Originally posted by Monkey View Post
    The antagonist somehow breaks into their apartment; possibly through the murderer's balcony
    The antagonist knows it's the killer from some clue, I believe it's the killer's shoes.
    Cruising maybe?

There may be a blind woman involved.... the killer wasn't successful in killing her somehow but he may have killed her dog? He was in her kitchen, standing real close to her and yet she barely misses him (maybe she's cooking something)... she called out to the doggy... (and this point... this may be another movie altogether from the one I'm describing in all the points above).
    Off hand the only blind woman films I can think of are Wait Until Dark and See No Evil. I don't think it's the former (no dog) and I haven't seen the latter. Probably not much help.

Comment

Thanks for responding. Nope on the guesses.
      I haven't seen "See No Evil" either. I feel like the killer in "blind woman in apartment movie cooking while dog is dead" movie was Michael Ironside, but I'm probably confusing it with Visiting Hours.

Comment

No apartment buildings in See No Evil from what I can remember. I'm not sure what it is. I can think of a few different movies that fit parts of the description, but not all. Like Someone's Watching Me fits the bill with the apartment buildings, but I don't remember a dog in it.
        People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

So you saw a horror movie and you want to know the title... that's what this thread is about.

With search engines and data mining the way it is today, it's becoming increasingly easy to find the movie you're looking for.

Unfortunately, with so many generic, similar movies out there, it may be difficult to find what you're looking for. Maybe a member can help? The more information you can provide, the better. I spent a lot of time looking for an obscure flick this past week... I thought it was Asian in origin (Korean or Japanese).... turns out it was Mexican. That little detail would have saved me a lot of time (Here Comes the Devil, btw).

Historically, forum/board members have been fairly successful in solving the mystery (more solved than not).

Here's my own little mystery....

Anybody know what movie(s) I'm referring to??? I
          It's not Rear Window is it? Doesn't fit exactly but some of the main things are there (large apartment building, dead dog, breaking in through the balcony). It's also far too ealry to be 70's/80's. But maybe it's a place to start?

Comment

No. That's an older Hitchcock film, right? I'm not sure why I haven't seen that movie yet because Hitchcock is brilliant (IMO).
            This movie is a little irritating because I feel like it was fairly mainstream... so an avid horror fan could give me the title right quick. I also feel like we watched it in chat, and that Westin really knew a lot about the plot/background (or Natman?). Could be wrong on all counts. I'm sure the answer will come eventually.

If anybody else needs help with a title, please don't hesitate to post.

Comment

Oh man, you really do have to see Rear Window. It's great stuff. Not as great as Vertigo of course, but then, not much is. I'm partial to all of Hitchcock's work with James Stewart though.

Comment

Only think I can't see past in Rear Window is Grace Kelly falling for a guy like Stewart. Speaking of that movie, I watched it last Sunday along with Rebecca. I didn't care much for it at first, but damn if I didn't come around to it this time. Oh, and Rear Windowis definitely in the upper echelon of Hitchcock. I don't know where I'd rank it other than the top tier alongside Psycho, The Birds, North by Northwest, Strangers on a Train, Shadow of a Doubt, 39 Steps, and Vertigo. Not that there aren't more great films by him, but I think these are some of my favorites.
                People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

Rear Window is one of my favourite films ever, not just favourite Hitchcock but favourite everything.

Comment

The movie I was thinking about is called, "Eyes of A Stranger", 1981 starring Janet Jason Leigh. It may actually be both of the movies I described above. I'll have to watch it again to be sure, but I don't mind because it was an excellent film.

Comment

Dang, it's been years since I watched that and I have no recollection of a dog being in it. I remember liking the movie though. Maybe Scream! Factory will issue a new release since they're doing Carpenter's Someone's Watching Me.

Comment

The movie I was thinking about is called, "Eyes of A Stranger", 1981 starring Janet Jason Leigh. It may actually be both of the movies I described above. I'll have to watch it again to be sure, but I don't mind because it was an excellent film.
                        Did you figure it out somehow or just remember? I had never seen it and this thread made me curious so I watched it last night.. Yeah, both the scenes you described were in there.

Comment

Originally posted by sagittarius View Post

Did you figure it out somehow or just remember? I had never seen it and this thread made me curious so I watched it last night.. Yeah, both the scenes you described were in there.
                          I started a topic on it and would love to know what you thought of it. I remember thinking it had a edge to it almost like Don't Answer the Phone was surprised it written by Ron (Friday the 13th Part 2) Kurz.

Comment

For the title of the movie, I emailed a friend. She actually sent me the movie a few years ago in a collection. It's a shame a movie like 'Eyes of a Stranger' doesn't have more recognition.

Comment

Working...
                            X