Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hellraiser: Judgement (featuring Heather Langenkamp)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellraiser: Judgement (featuring Heather Langenkamp)

So Hellraiser: Judgement was announced way back in February of 2016, with Heather Langenkamp attached to play a small but pivotal role in the film. The film will be the second to lack Doug Bradley, but I think at this point we just have to grin and bear it. And at least the new guy looks vaguely like Bradley did in the role, which is more than can be said for the previous Pinhead.

Has anyone heard anything new about this film since then? I can find no solid release date information, all I can find is casting information and confirmation that it has, in fact, been shot. I've heard rumors that it's trapped in post production, but again have need something concrete.
    "How do you turn this off, then?"

I had completely forgotten about this. Went searching for any new release date info but all I found was a general 2018 date...no specifics. This certainly looks better than the last couple. I wonder, now that it’s finished, if they’ll just sit on it. It’s all about keeping the property rights. Is there anything that says they actually have to release the thing?

Whatever happened to the remake?

Comment

Yeah, there's been some speculation that Dimension will just sit on it; I'm kinda skeptical about that considering they actually released Revelations. Something tells me that both this and the latest Children of the Corn will arrive with very little fanfare at some point next year.

Comment

It'd be really weird to go to the trouble of getting Heather Langenkamp for it and then just sitting on it, but stranger things have happened. There's definitely no rule saying they have to release it, just producing it is enough to keep the Hellraiser rights in their pocket (best example of this is that 1990s Fantastic Four film). I don't really see the point in going to all the trouble to keep the rights if they're not going to release the films, though. Seems like a waste of money.

Comment

But how much did they actually spend on this - $500,000? That's pocket change to Dimension. And, I may be wrong, but isn't Heather's role just a glorified cameo?
          But, I love the Hellraiser films (Hellbound's my favourite) and, being positive, I'm hoping for a release soon. I can't remember, was this one actually written as a Hellraiser, or did Tunnicliffe take it from another source?

Comment

I spotted Heather Langekamp in one of the episodes of AHS: Freakshow. I feel she is such a talented actress.

Comment

Release date: Feb 13/18

Comment

This actually looks pretty damn good.

Comment

I thought the trailer was pretty "ehhhh". The makeup for Pinhead is a big improvement on the last film. At least this time he looks at least vaguely similar to Doug Bradley.

Comment

Working...
                  X