Raw Force (1982)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Force (1982)

Welcome to Warriors Island, burial ground of disgraced martial arts masters.

When the Burbank Kung Fu Club travels to this mysterious island, they quickly find themselves facing the bloodthirsty vengeance of flesh ripping kung fu fighting zombies, gun toting white slave traders and a band of strange monks, who may be the only key to explaining the madness.

Edward Murphy's RAW FORCE is a virtual smorgasbord of over the top sleaze--mixing zombies, cannibals, outrageous action, gore, copious amounts of nudity and starring exploitation greats, Cameron Mitchell and Vic Diaz.
    That blurb on the back of Vinegar Syndrome's release only scrapes the surface of the bizarre experience known as Raw Force but it's because it's difficult to explain. Either this movie contains some of the worst acting captured on film or it has some of the worst dialogue ever written. It could be a mixture of the two, but everybody delivers their lines with such earnest that you just go with it. That includes the scenes in which actors botch their delivery and try to recover simply to finish the scene. That's nothing compared to how the film is cut. Character vanish and then reappear. Sometimes they show back up with a sword or some other weapon in hand. Sometimes the weapons disappear. It's a guessing game!

Despite the rampant amount of kung fu fighting, the shouting deliver of (probably drunk) Cameron Mitchell, the copious amounts of blatant nudity, my favorite segment is the party on the ship during the middle of the running time. Out of nowhere, we're introduce to a dozen new characters and each one of them is a whack job.

You've got (from left to right) a third grade teacher, an escaped murderer and ex-mafia wife, the karate master bartender that surely must be in a metal band, and the male stripper. There's so many subplots that it's almost impossible to keep it all straight on your first watch.

That bartender just cracks me up. His whole reason to be in the story is to break the ice used in drinks by smashing his face into it. He must have been a buddy of one of the actors or something.

Oh, and I Spit On Your Grave's Camille Keaton randomly shows up in a bathroom for five seconds.

My favorite character by far isn't even seen on screen. Over the course of the first half of the movie, you hear the ship's announcer and he easily has the best lines with material like "all passengers are encouraged to stay in their cabins! The goddamn ship is being attacked! We're being boarded by maniacs!" Good stuff.

And for further evidence as to how much this film rocks, it has Vic Diaz running behind a gang of undead zombie warriors in slow motion while laughing. You can't go wrong with the Diaz.

Sadly, the movie ends with an unfulfilled promise. It's been 35 years and counting...

Anyone looking for goofy entertainment should definitely check this out either by this title or Kung Fu Cannibals. It's guaranteed you haven't seen anything quite like it.
    People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

You know how people talk about those who do drugs and get that huge first high and they spend the rest of their life trying to duplicate that feeling but it never quite happens again? Give in to peer pressure and watch Raw Force and you will know this feeling! When will I ever see another movie that can match this one? We all know this is no Citizen Kane but for what Raw Force is trying to do it has no equal.

There are too many outrageous things happening at all times during this movie that its hard to pay attention. I have to say my favorite scene is where the group runs out of the grave yard and unloads on some fleeing bad guys and Cameron Mitchell hocks a loogie to the side like "take that!" LOL There really are too many insane things about this one to list.

Comment

Cameron Mitchell is hilarious if you keep your eye on him. When they're at the big standoff near the end at the dock, watch how aggravated he is by having to run back and forth in every shot. You can tell he's sloshed and he's tired of the workout. Like you said, there's so much going on it's hard to take it all in. It's almost as if the movie was improvised and all the actors tried to get in their own little moments.
      People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

Love to read your thoughts on obscure movies of which nobody has heard.

What's next? Emanuelle and the last cannibals?

Comment

Originally posted by Westin View Post
          Love to read your thoughts on obscure movies of which nobody has heard.

What's next? Emanuelle and the last cannibals?
          I would if I had it. I seriously need to beef up my Laura Gemser collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Chex View Post

I would if I had it. I seriously need to beef up my Laura Gemser collection.
            Review the Italian Cannibal movies!

Comment

Originally posted by Westin View Post

Review the Italian Cannibal movies!
              !
              Yes indeed! I second this recommendation!

Comment

My Italian cannibal collection is sorely lacking outside of Cannibal Holocaust. Oh, and Zombie Holocaust if that event counts.

Comment

Just look at the movie poster for this! It blows away any modern movie poster hands down. It tells the whole story in one picture and Cameron Mitchell’s physique never looked so good! Lol

Comment

Oh jeez, I never noticed how buff they made Mitchell on the poster. I wonder if he paid someone off to do that.

Comment

I'm not one to usually post sales, but Vinegar Syndrome has this on sale for $12.99 right now.

Comment

Working...
                      X