Title The Evil Dead
    Year 1981
    Rated NC-17
    Released 15 Apr 1983
    Runtime 85 min
    Director Sam Raimi
    Writer Sam Raimi
    Actors Bruce Campbell, Ellen Sandweiss, Richard DeManincor, Betsy Baker
    Plot Five college students take time off to spend a peaceful vacation in a remote cabin. A book and audio tape is discovered, and its evil is found to be powerful once the incantations are read out loud. The friends find themselves helpless to stop the evil as it takes them one by one, with only one survivor left with the evil dead and desperately tries to fight to live until morning.
    Language English
    Country USA
    Awards 3 wins & 1 nomination.
    Production New Line Cinema
    Website N/A
    .................................................. ..........................

Before I write this, I want to say I'm not trying to argue the year of its release, but I am just pointing out how muddled it is. The first incarnation of this film premiered in Detroit, and was not seen anywhere else, in 1981 as Book the Dead. Between that time and 1983, it was edited further and also given the title, The Evil Dead. Because it had been re-edited, would it really be correct to say 1981 was its release? It never did show outside of Detroit. I've seen the release year as both 1981 and 1983 in various places and an argument can be made for either one. Just curious to know what others think.
    People hyping up Wonder Woman to be the GOAT and I'm like "psshh, you guys must not have seen bigfoot rip off a man's dick before." -Me talking about 1980's Night of the Demon.

Comment

Working...
    X